Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Gameconfig mess up

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
May 29, 2015, 4:37:52 PM
Hi, I recently picked up Dungeons of the Endless and started playing and it has been a couple of hours. To be honest I struggle quite a bit so I looked up online for, I am not really that proud of saying this but, cheat mods. Then I stumbled upon a post on Steam about different .xml files, and how one could easily change specific values and essentially make

the game easier to beat. Anyways long story short, after messing around with four different .xml files, I launched the game and it kept quitting. And later I found a document in my temporary files folder and gave me this:

22:46:50:800STACKThe database of type 'GameConfig' failed to load the file '/Users/justinryu/Downloads/Apps/Dungeon.of.the.Endless/DungeonoftheEndless.app/Contents/Public/Configuration/GameConfig.xml'. The following exception was raised: System.Xml.XmlException: an attribute value was not quoted Line 25, position 17. at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributeValueTokens (Int32 dummyQuoteChar) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributes (Boolean isXmlDecl) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadStartTag () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadListElement (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeMapping typeMap, Boolean isNullable, System.Object list, Boolean canCreateInstance) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadObject (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeMapping typeMap, Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadRoot (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeMapping rootMap) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadRoot () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader reader) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributeValueTokens (Int32 dummyQuoteChar) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributes (Boolean isXmlDecl) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadStartTag () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadListElement (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeMapping typeMap, Boolean isNullable, System.Object list, Boolean canCreateInstance) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadObject (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeMapping typeMap, Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadRoot (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeMapping rootMap) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInt erpreter.ReadRoot () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader reader) [0x00000] in :0

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[GameConfig]:LoadFromFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Database`1[GameConfig]:LoadFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Database`1[GameConfig]:Amplitude.Unity.Framework.IDatabaseControl.LoadFi le(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Databases:LoadDatabase(S ystem.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Plugins.DatabasePlugin:Loa dPlugin(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Runtime+c__Iterator76:Move Next()

Amplitude.Coroutine:Run()

Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator97:MoveNext()

Please help I really have been enjoying this game so far and I guessed I learned my lesson about making things easier XP. Anyways enough of me babbling thanks guy(s) in advance!

P.s I am on a Mac and I don't seem to be able to upload a file of my Gameconfig.xml
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 29, 2015, 4:48:42 PM
Hello JR00 and welcome to the forum! smiley: smile

I suggest you to do a Verification of your files. Here is how to: Right Click on DotE in your Steam Library > select Properties > Local files > Verify the integrity of the game cache > Ok.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 29, 2015, 5:06:36 PM
Hey thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for helping out! Although I do have one question; will I be able to change the .xml in the future without the game not having any errors?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 1, 2015, 10:10:18 AM
Hello JR00,

Note that the solution that I gave you is a way to reset the mods (in order to be able to play the game again in case of trouble).

The error you've done by editing the file is simply a syntax mistake. ^^ The interesting part of the error: "an attribute value was not quoted Line 25, position 17" => you forgot the quotes in the file smiley: wink

So yes, you can edit files but do not forget to keep a copy of any modifications because they will be lost when updating the game in the future.

Cheers,

Saylawl
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 1, 2015, 11:35:24 AM
Thanks once again Saylawl, though I re configured the .xml files using BbEdit instead of the textedit on mac and that seemed to do the trick! Yeah and I'll remember to keep a copy XP
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment