Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cannot create a new game after recent patch

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jun 11, 2015, 7:56:58 PM
Hello,

When I try to click "New Game" from the menu screen it makes the sound that I have clicked on it but nothing happens. I also cannot create new multiplayer game sessions. Other buttons, not related to playing, seem to work fine. I do not have a saved game to load. This started early this week after the recent patch. I was able to play the game previous to this, though when I did I was only using a single monitor (this is the first time trying with second monitor)

Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Core i3-2120 CPU, 4gb RAM, 252gb free on HD, dual monitors w/ primary at 1440x900 and secondary at 1280x1024. Game defaults to full screen on main display, have tried windowed mode to same result.

Version: 1.0.71

Game Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon of the Endless

Screenshots: None really relevant to issue at hand.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 11, 2015, 11:07:30 PM
As a troubleshooting step I disconnected the second display, removed it from the potential displays, rebooted, and tried DotE again... I am still unable to start a new game.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 12, 2015, 9:46:36 AM
Hello KampKounslr and welcome to the forum! smiley: smile

Thank you for reporting this issue. Have you tried to verify your game files? Here is how to: Right click on Dungeon of the Endless in your Steam library > Select "Properties" > Local files > Verify the integrity of game cache. Try to launch a game once it's done.

Have you tried to launch a game with only one monitor activated?

If it doesn't fox your issue, could you please provide us the Dungeon of the Endless folder?

GAME DIRECTORY

• For PC: /Dungeon of the Endless
  • For MAC: ~Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless

Thank you.

Edit: Deactivate or create an exception for Dungeonoftheendless.exe. It should fix your issue. smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 12, 2015, 3:52:49 PM
I have an exception in my firewall for DotE, using windows firewall. Port forwarded ports 27015 and 27016. Verified game cache. Used one monitor. All ended up with the same issue smiley: frown
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 12, 2015, 3:53:41 PM
KampKounslr wrote:
I have an exception in my firewall for DotE, using windows firewall. Port forwarded ports 27015 and 27016. Verified game cache. Used one monitor. All ended up with the same issue smiley: frown

In this case, we need your files in order to get more information. :/
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 12, 2015, 4:21:31 PM
How can I get those over to you? Which files do you need?

As an FYI I did try it on another computer last night, running the same version, and it worked fine. Same Steam account on both. So I tried deleting the local content and reinstalling on this computer, same issue.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 13, 2015, 4:22:30 PM
So I tried a few other things to troubleshoot and fixed the problem.

Steps tried:

- delete local content via steam, deleted all remaining directories via windows explorer (incl in the user\data folder), reinstall via steam, then verify local files... same issue.

- Put my computer in the DMZ for the router and disabled my firewall, same issue.

- bypassed the router and connected directly to modem then performed a clean reboot of my PC, same issue.

- I had the documents\Dungeon_of_the_Endless folder hidden, unhid folder; problem solved.

Weird fix but I'm happy it's now working! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 18, 2015, 10:07:06 AM
KampKounslr wrote:
So I tried a few other things to troubleshoot and fixed the problem.

Steps tried:

- delete local content via steam, deleted all remaining directories via windows explorer (incl in the user\data folder), reinstall via steam, then verify local files... same issue.

- Put my computer in the DMZ for the router and disabled my firewall, same issue.

- bypassed the router and connected directly to modem then performed a clean reboot of my PC, same issue.

- I had the documents\Dungeon_of_the_Endless folder hidden, unhid folder; problem solved.

Weird fix but I'm happy it's now working! smiley: biggrin

o/ I'm glad that you can play the game, enjoy! And thank you for sharing your workaround!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 29, 2015, 12:54:18 PM
Got the same issue today...

I can't launch the game in multiplayer mode, just choose the characters but can't launch the game..

I reinstalled the game and i still have the issue.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
Pierrom wrote:
Got the same issue today...

I can't launch the game in multiplayer mode, just choose the characters but can't launch the game..

I reinstalled the game and i still have the issue.

As mentioned above, please provide the requested file. smiley: smile Thank you! Also, how many people are in the lobby with you? Does the issue happen if a friend it the host?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2015, 4:09:37 PM
We were 2 in the lobby and the issue happened too when my friend was the host.

Here are the files you asked (i hope there is everything you need).

Thank you !
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment