Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game Cannot Load Saved or New Game

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Aug 31, 2015, 12:38:01 AM
The game starts, but freezes on loading screen for a new, saved, or multiplayer game. On the saved game I can hear Dell behind the loading screen operating a module. I can use my mouse or arrow keys to move the sound nearer or further away.

More details in the zip linked below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uuf3qhywaq007r/My%20Problem%20Report.zip?dl=0

Thanks for any help!

Update: I added a folder from my game files to the zip folder. It has a file called crash.dmp and two text documents called error, and output_log. All the files were associated with a date before this original post when the my game stopped working.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 23, 2015, 10:02:13 AM
Have you tried the following workaround?

Workaround to test:

Launching Steam as Administrator (just for this one time).

- Exit Steam (the program itself)

- Right click on the Steam icon

- Select "Run as administrator"

Worth trying, other stuff from our general troubleshooting:

[spoiler]

General PC troubleshooting

Update your drivers

While sometimes games can run fine even on outdated drivers, they are a common cause of issues in games, from graphic glitches to crashes. Update your graphic card's drivers by downloading and installing the newest drivers from the manufacturer's website. If you aren't sure how to find the appropriate drivers, we can help you find out which ones you need!

Verifying the integrity of your game cache

Load Steam

From the Library section, control-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Important: One or more files may fail to verify. This is normal for most Steam games. The files that fail to verify are local configuration files that should not be replaced as part of this process. You can safely ignore this message.

Make sure you do not execute any intensive other task on your computer at the same time such as scanning for viruses, or other cache integrity verifications.

[source]

Intel HD Graphics used instead of nVIDIA card

Bad performances with a nVIDIA card

Please verify if your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the default slot of the motherboard.

Go to the nVIDIA control panel.

Then go to “Manage 3D Settings”, “Program Settings”.

Look for or add “Endless Legend” on the drop-list and tell nVIDIA to use the high performance graphics processor instead of the on-board graphics card.

Add the game to your antivirus's white list

If you are using an antivirus or a firewall program, it might be restricting Endless Legend's permission to write/create files. You can try to add the game as an exception in your antivirus/firewall in order to grant Endless Legend unlimited access rights. Same thing for WorldGeneratorContext (or "amplitude.worldgenerator.exe"). To find out how your specific antivirus/firewall works, please refer to its help documentation (or google it, it helps!)

Unchecking "Read Only" on your EndlessLegend/Public/WorldGenerator folder and apply to the subfolders.

Once you have done that, start Endless Legend in administrator mode.

Run this program with Windows7 compatibility

Locate the EndlessLegend.exe executable. It should be located somewhere in $/Steam/SteamApps/Common/EndlessLegend

Right click on the exe and select "Properties"

Select the "Compatibility" tab

Check the "Run this program in compatibility for " and select "Windows 7"

Re-install the library .Net Framework 4.5.1

You can find the installation program here: /Steam/Steamapps/Common/Endless Legend/_CommonRedist/DotNet/4.5.1

Launch a normal game in order to test.

Conflicts with other apps

You might have issues (Access Violation...) if you do not deactivate the following applications:

EVGA's Precision X OC

DropBox[/spoiler]

I'd be interested to see a DXDiag of your machine, to see what you're working with as far as drivers, etc. go. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 29, 2015, 10:30:36 AM
Looking at the specs on your laptop, it seems that it does not have an onboard graphic card.

While the minimum requirements for hte game are fairly low (see below), having a graphic chipset (your Intel 4600HD) instead of a discrete GPU is often a glass ceiling for gaming.

Min specs:

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT or equivalent

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 700 MB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible Audio

Additional Notes: Minimum Resolution: 1280 x 720

You could update the drivers for your chipset with the Win10 version for them (I'm guessing your issue happened around at the time you switched over to 10?), available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25308/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-4th-Gen-Windows-10-64bit
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 9, 2015, 3:25:27 PM
Thanks for the tip about my cpu drivers, but I'm not sure that was the issue.

A few days after my last post, I was exploring my the game files. I don't remember what I deleted, but it reset my game progress. (My album became blank, and only the starter heroes were unlocked.) Afterwards I was able to successfully start a new game, and play online with a friend. I know deleting random things in a game file isn't prudent, but getting back into the game was more important than my save progress, and I succeeded in that.

I don't know what this says about what kept me from playing before. Sorry I can't give you any more details, about what I changed, but the game works now. Thanks for the help.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 9, 2015, 3:30:23 PM
Could the file you deleted be in your waste basket on the Desktop? Knowing the file could be useful. smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment