Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

All progress and unlocks randomly reset

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Sep 29, 2015, 5:17:40 PM
I'm on Windows 10 and my game version is 1.0.71.

I just booted up the game, and a box appeared saying there was a problem with my user profile, and as a result all my progress and unlocks have been wiped. And yep, it's all gone - all unlocked characters, my current save, all album pictures, everything.

I was literally playing it just this morning and everything was fine, and I played it with no problems over the weekend too.

My game folder in My Documents does still seem to have a User folder with save files etc in it, so hopefully it's an issue with the game recognising them, and they can still be recovered.

What's happened here? Really hoping I don't have to start all over again from scratch - I've lost almost 45 hours of progress here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 10, 2015, 6:20:18 PM
Have you tried disabling cloud saves in Steam and play offline, to try and force the game to use the files on your computer?

I can walk you through editing the xml files to at least manually unlock heroes again.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 13, 2015, 8:21:35 PM
Nope, disabling Steam Cloud doesn't change anything smiley: frown

I feel like this must be an issue the devs are aware of - I got an in-game pop-up saying my data had been reset, it wasn't like it crashed or something. Don't understand why I'm not getting any dev response at all, they seem to be quite active posting in other threads.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 14, 2015, 12:08:46 AM
There is a problem with this kind of bug: it pretty much deletes all info you could send them to figure out what causes it. So it may just be that a dev was staring at this thread thinking "Eeek. what now?" smiley: wink
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 14, 2015, 7:20:16 AM
Hah, true! Thanks for your help anyway, though I don't think I want to get into manual file editing just yet until I'm certain there's no way of getting my original save back.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 14, 2015, 2:24:05 PM
As Melkathi mentioned, that kind of rogue bug seems pretty hard to track. It could also be Win 10 playing tricks on you (it seems to affect various users in a number of ways), but unless we get other reports and a consistent repro pattern, it'll be nigh-impossible to look into... smiley: frown
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 14, 2015, 6:57:47 PM
I don't understand why there'd be something in the game's code that's designed to wipe a user's progress. As I say, this wasn't some freak occurence or crash, I literally got an in-game pop-up, in the UI and font style of the game, saying "your progress is being reset". At some point, a developer wrote that boxout - surely it must serve some purpose or be triggered by something? Surely it can't be an entirely unknown quantity? Wish I'd thought to write down the exact wording...

Really frustrating, as it leaves me in the situation where I can't even start the game over - as I'd have no way of knowing if this might just happen all over again. It basically just means there's no point me ever picking the game up ever again, and it was honestly one of my favourites of the last few years before this.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 20, 2015, 7:43:04 AM
A dev looked into this and told me there is no element in the code designed to erase/rewrite a user's profile, unless that profile is corrupted (which could happen after a hard reboot or if the game exited improperly).

Would you happen to have noted the message down, or have a screenshot of it?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment