Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

DotE Bugfest

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Oct 29, 2015, 4:02:08 AM
So today I finished my Armory run. As far as I remember everything went fine, except for me noticing the already reported OPEN cursor bug.

Then I started a Drill Pod run and several floors into the game... it starts acting up. First a bit but then more and more.

Since pictures talk louder than words, have some screenshots:

Here we clearly have a major module slot, but it does not work. It visually appears but is not usable whatsoever.

And as we see here, the minimap is for some reason lacking the background we'd normally see.

Normally I'd have a few more screenshots of more bugs, but alas my PC messed them up and I can't replicate them again so words will have to do for the rest smiley: frown

Another thing I noticed was that the build icons (lower left) glitched out every time I entered a new floor. They corrected themselves after a few seconds though. The glitches looked... missingno like, like QR-codes, white/black jitter, I hope you know what I mean. Really weirded me out.

And then of course I had the obligatory crash wiping my game as well. Thankfully I saved the game before so I'd have a save to upload for this very bug report. Then again I can't upload .sav files onto this forum, but I deem the save to be most likely useless anyway. Upon reloading it the game was back to completely normal.

And on a side note, I tried to play the game with a friend afterwards, but we hardly got 10 doors, let alone even the first floor done before we got desynchronized. There might be something up there as well.

Edit: I remembered the bug I had forgotten. Tick events like periodic damage for enemies and heals for allies continue even when the game is paused, which can be massively abused. If all your heroes are close to death but someone has health regeneration you can just pause and wait a bit, and when you unpause they'll go to full health immediately. Likewise if you have a pyro and set enemies on fire and you wait long enough they'll just go insta poof. I fear this might also work for poison by enemies, even if that hasn't happened to me.

And here's yet another problem, that is with the ability Gear Check. Assuming we have a full TF2 team (I actually got one in the drill pod) Both the Engineer and the Pyro will learn how to Repair. The problem is with Gear Check the people won't repair modules as well during a fight, they'll do it Instead of fighting. That's a huge synergy problem as it makes the Pyro virtually useless for Defending in the same room as the Engineer because instead of dealing a lot of damage to all monsters he wastes time barely repairing the modules (since he also has low wit and no extra repair skills). So yeah, Gear Check also needs a few fixes in order to be an advantage, not an disadvantage.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 29, 2015, 4:35:29 PM
Have you tried any troubleshooting for the bugs you report? I see we don't have a great troubleshooting thread around here, so here's the Endless Legend one that has some great PC troubleshooting steps that can apply to DotE as well:

/#/endless-legend/forum/13-tech-support/thread/5394-read-first-common-issues-guides-and-solutions

That is, if you still have the save you mentioned so you can check whether that changes anything. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 29, 2015, 7:39:05 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:
Have you tried any troubleshooting for the bugs you report? I see we don't have a great troubleshooting thread around here, so here's the Endless Legend one that has some great PC troubleshooting steps that can apply to DotE as well:

/#/endless-legend/forum/13-tech-support/thread/5394-read-first-common-issues-guides-and-solutions

That is, if you still have the save you mentioned so you can check whether that changes anything. smiley: biggrin

Actually I'd be more interested in reproducing these bugs so I could help you fix it, since loading the save has yielded a mostly normal game again. I fear that the information I could provide so far simply won't help much in tracking down what's going on. And well, the bugs I mentioned first (missing minimap background and the glitched major mod slot) have not appeared again and do not seem to be reproducible.

The icon glitch did appear again, alas too fast for me to take a screenshot, that bug doesn't impact gameplay whatsoever though, so it's hardly important.

The tick event error and the Gear check issue do seem to be flaws in the programming and design though, so I doubt the troubleshooting will help. I've also verified the files and stuff anyway, and everything is fine.

As for the random crash, it either was a cascading bug follow up of the issues that amongst others caused the minimap background to disappear, or it might've just been an actual lack of RAM, as I only have 12GB and I get those full pretty damn easily. That's my first crash as far as I know, can't complain of any random crashes in DotE.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment