Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Massive game-breaking bugs that make multiplayer literally unplayable

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Oct 31, 2015, 3:57:33 PM
My friends and I tried to play 5 games of DotE last night. Every time we encountered game-breaking bugs that made it impossible to finish. I have more details in this Steam forums thread.

DESCRIPTION - Multiple desync bugs which made the game unwinnable. We literally couldn't finish a single game.

VERSION - 1.0.88. Unfortunately we haven't played for months prior to last night, so I don't know if the issues are caused by the latest patch or something prior. When we played months ago, though, the same group of 4 people on the same machines didn't have any issues.

GAME SAVE - n/a, they were deleted.

OUTPUT LOG, DIAGNOSTICS.HTML, REGISTRY.XML - Attached

SCREENSHOTS - See above Steam thread.

[EDIT] Your dumb forum software wouldn't let me attach my logs, so I've uploaded them here. Apparently the link is only active for 3 days -_-
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 31, 2015, 4:23:35 PM
We just tried to play again with two people. I was the host. We got through the first floor fine, both of us saw "2/2 heroes" at the end and in the elevator/loading-screen. At the start of the next level, I was the only one alive. Attached screenshot and debug files (including save-game this time).

2015-10-31 Another DotE desync.zip
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 1, 2015, 3:26:28 AM
I'm getting the same bug. I'll start a game and it shows that my two teammates have disconnected. Unfortunately, they were actually still there.

The second time I experienced this bug I was able to purchase their frozen/unplayable hero.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 3, 2015, 5:34:38 PM
From my original post, "Multiplayer Woes" on your Steam forum:

Been playing this with a few friends. Whenever we (there are three of us) play together one of us gets disconnected or some sync issues pop up. When there are only two of us playing we seem to run into very few problems, it has only been recently when we gained a 3rd that the issues started becoming noteworthy.

Also, In one instance where we saved and reloaded my two heroes (Professor and Troe) were not given to me and just stood in the rooms I left them awaiting recruitment.

I've included what I believe is our last session's diagnostic file. Wasn't able to salvage stuff like our save, screenshots, output/registry as I believe those were overwritten. Sorry.

Diagnostics_20151101_142817.zip
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 4, 2015, 11:28:01 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. Does not matter if its 2 or 3 player game, some get desynched either in the middle of the level, or during the loading screen between the levels.

DESCRIPTION

Multiplayer game desynchronises on two different occasions:

1. During normal gameplay the clients get disconnected with a message that other users have disconnected. As the host I received no message, and their avatar was standing still in the level. Once we progressed to the next level their character was gone from the character list and we could not remake the game from a saved file for this reason.

2. During the loading screen clients get disconnected with a message that other users have disconnected. As the host I get no message, but on loading the next level the disconnected persons' characters have disappeared and we could not remake the game from a save game.

3. Additionally sometimes during gameplay the inventory would desynchronise and the different clients would have different items in their private and shared inventory. Loading the game would make some items disappear, and others duplicate depending on which items were taken.

I played on 1680x1050 on Windows 10 x64.

HOW TO REPRODUCE

1. Start a multiplayer game on the same/different network

2. Play for a while progressing through multiple levels trading/building between players.

3. Observe a client gets a disconnected error, and the host continues with no notification.

4. Upon completing the level the client character has disappeared.

VERSION

GAME DIRECTORY

D:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Dungeon of the Endless\

SAVE FILE

I can send you at least 5 game saves that have this problem, and about as many logs but they take up 30MB and I cant attach them to this post. Please send me a private message with contact details so that I may email it to you.

Hope this helps and you fix it soon as I like the game and would like to play it with my wife.

Regards,

Nahdir
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 23, 2015, 7:25:13 AM
^

Game desyncs constantly last patch, with or without dlcs. Still waiting for the fix.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 25, 2015, 9:19:31 PM
The latest patch (from yesterday) says:

Fixed several desynchronisation issues: the multiplayer mode should now be more stable

My friends and I will attempt to play over Thanksgiving break, and I'll report back whether the synchronization issues have really been fixed.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 19, 2015, 9:32:55 AM
The multiplayer mode is still very much unstable ; we still have disconnection issues every four floors, on average.

We noticed that when the player with the best connection (optic fiber) hosted, we could play a whooping 6 floors without disconnecting : that was the all-time best.

We also noticed that the more players there are, the more likely the game is to disconnect.

We all have the same DLCs.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 21, 2016, 5:28:38 AM
Dude, it's the end of April 16 and i started getting this bug like 6+ months ago, I saw some patches since then and was so excited to try again but the problems were exactly as they were back then. One player will just freeze, but the other player can still see them move around for a bit, then they just drop. Multiplayer is totally unplayable. Which sucks even more knowing i bought 4 dlc packs for this game just to play multi and I can't.. I probably put a good 20 hours on multiplayer like a year ago and it was fine. Same people playing, same computers, and we play lots of other games together... just not this one, sadly not by choice.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 31, 2016, 3:20:06 AM
ugzz wrote:
Dude, it's the end of April 16 and i started getting this bug like 6+ months ago, I saw some patches since then and was so excited to try again but the problems were exactly as they were back then. One player will just freeze, but the other player can still see them move around for a bit, then they just drop. Multiplayer is totally unplayable. Which sucks even more knowing i bought 4 dlc packs for this game just to play multi and I can't.. I probably put a good 20 hours on multiplayer like a year ago and it was fine. Same people playing, same computers, and we play lots of other games together... just not this one, sadly not by choice.

Indeed. Can you devs please fix this!!! This is a great game. And you guys are losing your reputation off a what seems to be not a hard bug fix. Once again, please fix
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 1, 2016, 9:03:08 AM
Unfortunately, if this was an easy fix, it would have been fixed a long time ago. However, there are many, many reasons a game can lose sync between its players. Every time we managed to pinpoint a cause, it was fixed in a subsequent patch. Barring more complete steps to repro and given the state of development of the game, we are unlikely to commit resources to this issue (which, again, is just a similar symptom for a host of potential issues).
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 8, 2016, 2:30:28 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:
Unfortunately, if this was an easy fix, it would have been fixed a long time ago. However, there are many, many reasons a game can lose sync between its players. Every time we managed to pinpoint a cause, it was fixed in a subsequent patch. Barring more complete steps to repro and given the state of development of the game, we are unlikely to commit resources to this issue (which, again, is just a similar symptom for a host of potential issues).

You should consider building more modules so you have the resources to commit to this issue. Perhaps some food modules to level up your staff?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment