Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Please fix the multiplayer disconnecting issue.

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Dec 17, 2015, 3:39:49 AM
I love this game, my friends love this game, we love playing multiplayer. However the disconnecting has pretty much ruined the experience for us. I know that this game is a rogue-like, and is suppose to be brutal as hell, but we have lost 90% of our games due to disconnecting from each other. While having the auto save is nice if you disconnect near the start of a floor, it is just a sick joke if you disconnect near end. We have had multiple rounds where we disconnect after having all the doors open, so auto save just tells we have to redo the whole level for no reason. This is unacceptable, disconnecting shouldn't force you to restart a level, or make you re-hire your heroes. Here is my suggestion on how to fix this issue. Make it so when a player leaves the game any heroes that they own are transferred to the player who is hosting. This allows the the host to save and quit, and reload with their teammates to keep going from when the disconnect occurred. The game would stay rogue like in nature, and it would fix the biggest problem with multiplayer.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 19, 2015, 9:26:58 AM
Hello !

I love this game, but the very frequent multiplayer crashes are infuriating.

We never could finish a multiplayer game because of disconnections, and we tried about fifteen times already.

When the game kicks players, at best we can restart the whole floor, and when you just spent two hours on it, found new characters, new equipment, new reasearches, the bitterness of having to do it all over again is really off-putting.

Especially if you just had a "good floor". We usually throw out the towel in disgust, and move on to other games.

It became a gimmick : let's play Dungeon of the Endless until it crashes ! Better laugh about it than cry, right ? 'tis not creating a good rep for Amplitude, though.

I understand that it is hard to fix these network bugs, especially as the log output is not very helpful (I know a thing or two about coding videogames) and most of the time it's really hard to reproduce these bugs in a controlled environment.

But there are simple fixes that would make us very happy : transfer the characters to the host, as the post above suggested, or make an autosave on each door.

I own your other games too, and the crashes happen, but we can reload the previous turn so we did not care as much, and did not feel like we were being cheated and disrespected as much.

I heard (and, forgive me, eructed myself) some curses during mutiplayer crashes that I would not wish on the worst felon.

Half my friends stopped playing the game already, and I think I could convince them to come back if one of the fixes mentioned above was implemented.

Too much hate, too much rage, playing a video-game should not instill that much anger.

I hope you hear our plea, and if there's anything we can do to help let us know ; I wanted to post here before turning in a bad, rage-fuelled review.

Happy coding,
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 28, 2015, 8:26:35 AM
Yes please! Not being able to reconnect and take the character back is infuriating. Happened to us twice in a row, first time we rehired the character for 90 something food, which sucked. Second time we couldn't afford him and that was it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment