Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Unable to unlock Endless Day achievement?

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jan 25, 2016, 3:08:48 AM
I was not yet an Endless fan when last year's Endless Day came around, but when I did get the game, I set my clock back to unlock Tarosh. However, I was still really bad at the game at the time, so I never managed to get the Endless Day achievement.

Fast forward to the present.

So when Endless Day started again this year, I decided this would be a good time to go back and get that achievement, since I don't have to mess with my clock. So I started a new game with Tarosh, got to floor 8, and saved and quit for that day. This morning, I loaded it back up and finished it, still with Tarosh in my party.

But I did not receive the achievement.

Would I have needed to get the achievement at the same time as unlocking Tarosh? Or is the issue perhaps the fact that I saved and continued the playthrough in another session (even though that playthrough was both started and completed within the correct timeframe)?

I did notice that the game's splash screen was the regular one, rather than the Endless Day one, perhaps the game isn't even detecting the date somehow.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 25, 2016, 5:03:34 AM
I've also just finished a run with Tarosh using the default pod and didn't get the achievement. I also saved and exited at one point to continue after doing something else. Kind of sucks.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 25, 2016, 10:41:41 AM
Huntzilla wrote:
I've also just finished a run with Tarosh using the default pod and didn't get the achievement. I also saved and exited at one point to continue after doing something else. Kind of sucks.

Same here. Completed the game @11:30 today, but no achievement credited smiley: frown Bummer.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 25, 2016, 1:39:40 PM
So you completed the game on the 24th?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 25, 2016, 10:28:13 PM
melkathi wrote:
So you completed the game on the 24th?

Yup. And started it on the 22nd. Neither time had the DotE splash screen show Tarosh activating a temple, though, and just showed the standard splash screen. I remember it showing the Tarosh screen back when I first unlocked him. My computer's clock is set correctly, though, and the game's diagnostic files for those sessions show the correct date, so I don't know why that might be.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 28, 2016, 9:25:05 AM
Wondering if you completed the game late enough in the day that it was past midnight in Europe, making your completion time too late for the achievement.

I suggest adjusting your computer's clock to the 21st and giving it another try. smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 30, 2016, 10:30:51 PM
I did what you suggest and got the achievement but then the game deleted that save. I think the steam cloud synch overwrote my save so now I have to unlock ships again :-(.

Edit: Luckily I was able to restore the profile. Yay for automatic backups! Let the previous post serve as a warning.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment