Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game does not launch - freezes on cave artwork

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Feb 3, 2016, 2:01:18 PM
Hi guys !

Today I bought Dungeon of the Endless, downloaded it on my Steam account, and tried to launch it. The game starts to launch, I see the Amplitude logo, but then I stay like for 20/30 seconds on a cave artwork and then it just shuts down, Steam tells me I played for a minute, and I can launch the game, to the same results.

I had the same problem when I bought Endless Legends : https://www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/13-tech-support/thread/5309-game-does-not-launch, which I managed to handle but without knowing what worked.

This time, I tried to :

-reboot my computer (Windows 8)

-close Steam and launch Steam with admin rights;

-launch game with admin rights;

-put some commands such as -force-d3d11 or -useembedded or -useshellexecute in the launching options of the game in the Steam menu;

-select "Windows 7 compatibility" in the compatibility option of the excutable.

Anyone has any other ideas about what to do ? Is it worth a try to de-install the game and re-install it ?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 9, 2016, 9:10:51 AM
Update : Sometimes after I launch my computer, the game starts, sometimes it does not start. A bit frustrating to have no idea about why it works sometimes or not. No one has any idea ?
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 9, 2016, 1:00:12 PM
Thanks for answering this Frogsquadron smiley: smile

Okay so here are the 4 screenshots of my DxDiag (it's in French so ask me it there's a word you don't understand). I tried deleting the local content on Steam, and downloading the game again, but I'm still stuck on the cave artwork.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 9, 2016, 4:38:53 PM
Have you tried running the game with all other processes disabled, such as after a clean boot? If there is something preventing your game from running, this will make sure it doesn't. From that point, you can reactivate your other pieces of software one by one and find the source of the issue. smiley: smile

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 11, 2016, 9:54:38 AM
Well it is becoming quite frustrating, nevertheless thanks for your advices.

I did a clean boot, launched only Steam (in admin mode), and still got stuck in the art cavework.

However after I rebooted again for some Windows updates, this time it worked, and I was able to do a game with a buddy (up to floor 8, yay). However this morning, clean start and nothing else than Steam in admin mode, it does not launch. So I updated my Windows to Windows 10, but it still doesn't work. I'll keep you updated. What's frustating is the fact that it seems to work 1 out of 10 times, without me understanding the reason of WHY it worked this time and not the other ones...
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment