Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Does dust hoarder not work in armory pod?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 25, 2016, 11:28:56 PM

I have been trying to unlock the refreezerator pod, and after several unsuccessful attempts I completed an armory pod run without anything attacking the crystal. However, no achievement, no unlock. It's really frustrating to sink many hours into an attempt like and have no idea why it failed.

Is this unlockable with armory, or does it only work in the escape pod?

Is there some way to see the state of this in the middle of the run? I was watching carefully to make sure nothing got through on this run, though it's conceivable that dust was lost in some way that I did not understand, but if I could find a stat somewhere in the UI, I'd be able to check when/if it happens.

Sort of related, I finished a multiplayer game with a friend yesterday, and despite having lost dust early in the run, my friend got the dust hoarder achievement on completion (though I did not). In this case, I was hosting, and there were several disconnects and reload throughout the run, so it seems like this stat isn't tracked properly for the non-host player?

I can add more information about my system / game folder etc. if needed, but I just want to verify if this is even supposed to work in armory pod first.

A number of other minor things unrelated, I don't know if this should be many threads or if they already exist (can't find a way to search these forums), but:

- Map frequently starts scrolling uncontrollably in one direction. Tapping all 4 of the direction keys seems to fix this; it seems to be a hanging input thinking one of those keys is still pressed. This happens to me very often on both computers I play on (both Windows 7).

- If I use a shop operator to talk to the merchant, they will be left standing in front of the merchant afterwards, making it impossible to click on the merchant again without somehow shifting their position. (Can get around this by telling them to move to another room and move back before they leave the room and cancel their operate.)

- After a disconnect during multiplayer (this seems to happen fairly often) when I save and quit and then reload, there are two saves, one says it's an automatic save. It is very confusing trying to decide which one to resume from. At one point I seemed to choose the wrong one and one of the characters was somehow deleted from the party.

- In multiplayer the non-host player can't see some items in inventory (non-backpack), and when interacting with merchant can't sell some items from inventory.

- I once accidentally opened a door that a rhino was charging toward just before it was about to hit it. The red-alert mode then ended up staying on constantly for the rest of the level, making healing a huge pain (I built a few autodoc shards and waited around a lot). There was nothing I could do to turn off the alert.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 27, 2016, 1:47:38 AM

Interestingly, I played another multiplayer game today (medical pod) but my friend was host instead of me, and we lost a ton of dust through the run, BUT dust hoarder (and refreezerator) unlocked for me at the end.

So... it seems like second player in multiplayer doesn't track lost dust at all?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment