Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Random crashes when transitioning floors

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Mar 6, 2017, 10:21:59 PM

Description: 

I keep having random crashes sometimes when I press the next floor button in the elevator. Sometimes everything appears normal before it happens and other times I can’t see the elevator cutscene at all. The only things left are the “next floor” button and the background music. One time before a crash the screen was completely black unless I zoomed out to the overview of the floor. Once I ran the crystal the elevator was normal but hitting next floor crashed it but it has not happened this way since. It also seems to usually happen more often on the later floors (like 7+) but that might be my imagination.

Also, I have been playing on pretty much only easy mode lately if that matters. I can't recall it ever happening on very easy but I could be mistaken.

I have tried verifying the integrity of my install in the properties menu on steam and reinstalling the game. Neither of those have worked.

Specs:

OS - Sierra

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

13.3-inch display (2560x1600)

Version: DOE 1.1.5

Game Directory: here

Screenshot: 

Unfortunately, I haven’t taken a screenshot of it when it happens. If this is absolutely necessary I can try to get it to happen again.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 9, 2017, 12:59:48 AM

I have this same problem as well, very frustrating. I also have graphic bugs from time to time, and If I see that in the middle of the floor and I save and quit and then restart the game seems to prevent an oncoming crash.  Finally, sometimes the game will crash when I quit and I have to kill it with Activity Monitor.

I love this game, but I have lost many promising runs due to crashes.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 22, 2017, 8:34:56 PM

I'd also like to voice my frustration about this. I've attempted playing this game several times over years, never getting anywhere because (1) the text used to be too small to read (it's still very hard to read), (2) the gamepad support is broken and the devs refuse to fix it, and (3) the tutorial isn't updated for gamepad. I finally wanted to play this game bad enough that I got a working setup for kb+m in my current arrangement. 

Now, on my second playthrough, the game crashed when I clicked the next floor button (everything appeared normal up until that point), and I lost all of my progress for that run. I don't have the words to properly express my anger. How does this game still have so many problems years after release? Why isn't there at least an autosave feature for every floor to mitigate this bug?

Devs, please fix your game! I would really like to play it!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 26, 2017, 10:17:15 PM

I have the same problem (OSX Yosemite).  Blank screen after pressing the "next level" button, can hear music but nothing else.  CPU usage is around 50% of one core.  Attached is the process stack trace sample for the app when in this stuck state.

Sample of DungeonoftheEndless.txt

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment