Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
ALL game progression lost after allowing access to Documents in Windows Protected folder access
PC
Steam
a year ago
Oct 21, 2023, 2:04:52 AM

I have windows protected folders enabled, including Documents. I was unaware that Endless Dungeon required access to Documents for save files because a) I did not see the notification asking for access/stating access was blocked, b) I had no problem with saves, meta progression, etc. I have loaded and closed the game multiple times since release day and completed a number of runs with a large amount of meta progression (all heroes unlocked, all districts unlocked, various hero chips bought, etc.)

While attempting to address my other reported bug (lost crypto key progression after quitting a co-op game) I realised that the game executable was requesting access to the Documents folder (to this point it had not placed an Endless Dungeon folder in Documents - it was missing entirely). I gave the game executable permission to access this Documents folder and then reloaded the game. Upon loading the game it was in a state where the introduction/prelude/tutorial was already completed, I was in the saloon as Zed, and ALL meta progression had been lost. Nothing at all was unlocked, it was like I had just bought the game and loaded it for the first time.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Load game with Windows "Protected folder access" on
Step 2
Do not give the game executable access to Documents folder
Step 3
Play game gain a lot of meta progression, loading and quitting multiple times over multiple days
Step 4
Allow the game executable access to the Documents folder
Step 5
Load game again - all meta progression is lost and a fresh game save file is generated
General information
Category
Sub-category
Gameplay
Save/Meta-Progression
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by sagramore?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Submitted
Investigating
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Oct 21, 2023, 2:11:04 AM
PC
Steam

I was able to return my previous state of game by removing access of the executable to the Documents folder, deleting the Endless Dungeon folder in Documents, then going to /Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/AMPLITUDE Studios/ENDLESS Dungeon/ then deleting the Player.log and renaming Player-prev.log to Player.log.

Upon reloading the game I was back to my previous level of progression (albeit still with the missing crypto key I was trying to fix).

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 22, 2023, 12:39:36 PM
PC
Steam

I encountered the exact same issue

Your workaround helped me get all my stuff back for now, thanks!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Description
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue