Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Lossed/Locked Progress in Co-Op Game Crash
PC
Steam
a year ago
Oct 21, 2023, 11:11:30 PM

I had joined a friend's game as Cartie Bee and was specifically going for the 6 crystal shard upgrades on her last quest. I managed to get it, and we progressed all the way to the core. After fighting and beating Eriaudy phase 1, we were moving crystal bot for the final phase. After the zone door closed, all 3 of us crashed straight to desktop with no error report. The host was able to initiate the game from just before the move to last zone, and we all rejoined. However, after beating Eriaudy in last area, all of my progress on the run was lost. All I got for the entire run was 1 chip from killing Eriaudy. Now Cartie Bee's final quest is shown as complete for me, but I never got the chips nor her Badass Bookkeeper skin for completing it. I even tried doing the quest again, but since the game sees it as completed, it can't be unlocked. Now I am out the 5 chips and the hero skin without being able to just redo it. Please help, Cartie Bee is precious and must be hugged at all costs.

PS - Now logs in CrashDump folder

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Join a co-op session
Step 2
complete final quest for Cartie Bee
Step 3
(all) player(s) crash to desktop with no error report in the Core
Step 4
Host relaunches session from last point in a run
Step 5
rejoin host and all progress is lost
Step 6
Cartie Bee quest completed with no rewards and unable to complete again
Step 7
Weep uncontrollably
Screenshots
screenshot
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Gameplay
Save/Meta-Progression
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by h0pp3r?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Fixed
CurrentDev.Username
Dev
Saikana
This should be resolved on the recently released update for PC. If you are still encountering this issue, please add a comment with new files so we may investigate!
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Oct 22, 2023, 8:10:58 PM
PC
Steam

Seems like this is not just happen when game is crashed. If you exist the game and continue, it will also F up guest's progression. My hypothesis is the game track quest progression in the station, but unlock event only happened up on returning to Saloon. And due to disconnecting from the session, the guest status get into a weird state. i.e. on your guest account the quest is marked is completed, but since you never return to the host saloon during the same session the unlock event didn't happened. 

Also 0 sanity check in-place to prevent quest.completed != things.unlocked, which would not fix underlying problem but should resolve this bug. 

My issues posted here: https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/endless-dungeon/bugs/bugs-redirect/331-fassie-s-first-chips-slot-is-locked-after-completed-the-quest

Also see another case here: https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/endless-dungeon/bugs/bugs-redirect/333-hero-quests-completed-in-co-op-do-not-grant-chip-rewards But unsure if this is cause by exit/crush then resume. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Description
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue