Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod Support?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2020, 7:40:25 PM

I know the announcement isn't even a day old, but any chance for mod support? It would be amazing if the community is able to add new heroes, turret types, enemies and the like. Would keep the game going for a long while.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2020, 8:17:33 PM

dote technically had mod support, but it was limited in capability until the use of an actual modtool came along (which was just the near-universal one for unity). i'm very much on board with mod support.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 13, 2021, 1:27:06 AM
Azure_Fang wrote:
I can only click the upvote button so hard. Take my points.

Thank you. I'm saving up to buy a Craver Ant-Farm.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 21, 2021, 7:02:24 AM

If we do getting modding support I hope it's Risk of Rain 2 style for advanced level mods, where you can load in .dll's giving great degrees of freedom.

If you're planning on something like that then give 'bepinex' a look, it's what we use at RoR2.

That is assuming the game is done in unity-c#/c++ at least.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 23, 2021, 10:16:32 PM
8BitShadow wrote:

If we do getting modding support I hope it's Risk of Rain 2 style for advanced level mods, where you can load in .dll's giving great degrees of freedom.

If you're planning on something like that then give 'bepinex' a look, it's what we use at RoR2.

Agreed. Good mod support has been in my wishlist for Amplitude games literally since the first Endless Space. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 12, 2021, 8:42:41 AM
8BitShadow wrote:

Meanwhile, myself being a Starbound-modding scrub, I'm on the side hoping there's a "low entry level" access point, XML or JSON perhaps, for adding/modding items and effects in addition to higher level modding.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment