Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Dungeon lore

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 1, 2021, 2:44:35 PM

Hey.

There has been few topics here about the lore and characters and debate about which races will appear on the game. I decided to gather some information together what I could find for now.

First here's some information about possible other upcoming heroes from FAQ Amplitude made after the relase of first trailer:

• What’s the relation between Endless Dungeon and Dungeon of the Endless in the lore of the Endless Universe?
    Endless Dungeon takes place at roughly the same time as Dungeon of the Endless, but in an entirely different part of the galaxy, so there is no direct connection between the two. Endless Dungeon offers an entirely new story and part of the Endless Universe to explore. 
  • Will there be any characters from the major factions of the other Endless games?
    Yes, there will be, but we’re not ready to say more. 
  • Will there be returning characters from Dungeon of the Endless or other Endless games?
    Given that the events of Endless Dungeon happen at a similar time to DotE, yet in a different place, there is not much of a window for returning characters. However, all of the ingame characters are from known Endless Universe factions, so those will be familiar to players of Endless Legend and Endless Space / ES2.
  • Why is there a "Wall of Remembrance" if the heroes are brought back to life by the station?
    The events of the trailer show the very first time that the "Reloader" was made functional. What this means is that all the various beings who died before that momentous event… really actually died.

So in short there's a high possibility an existing characters in the Dungeon of the Endless won't be playable in this one althought they might make an appearance in one way or the another in the game. At the original trailer there's the Wall of Remembrance (at 00:25) where you can spot some existing characters like Troe Pekenyo, Lady Joleri Tulak, Opbot DV8, Elise Ness, and the pug Ayari Whairydd. But as stated before all these people on the wall are actually dead and I doubt any of them will "come back to alive."

Playable characters of the "Suicide Squad" (one of the pictures resembling current heroes was named this way on the mainpage - propably a working title).

Zed (working title "Yvette"(?)) - a female Mezari/human named Zedoé Kovlava. Originally from planet Ezes in Biotos constellation.

Bunker - a 20768 year old robot gendered female. Or at least originally althought don't know if "Braveheart" bonus skin somehow changes that. A tank with large shield and a gun.

Shroom - mysterious healer. A vote suggest that his skin color might be orange. Wields one handed gun.

Blaze - a male Craver with one hand replaced by robotic hand. Uses heavy weaponry and explosives.

The Band "Nailed to the Counter"

Lera - a femal human. Singer. Named after the original trailer's singer Lera Lynn. Name was hinted also on as a part of an option for the band's name.

Ringo - a male Craver. Also a lockpicker.

Paul - a genderless Sefaloros. Pianist.

Ono - a male Hissho. Guitarist. A former swordman.

Upcoming heroes - (I will update this every now and then)

Currently no other information other than silhouettes on the mainpage.

It is unclear whether all of these silhouettes resemble actual upcoming heroes or not. But at least the silhouette 9th character on here matches with Blazes revealed picture.

Wall of Remembrance

Few of the old cast can be spotted on the wall of remembrance. I took pictures from first trailer and squared some of the characters there. If you got any ideas about others let me know!

Left wall

Right wall

Extra left (the wall continues to left but becomes blurred when camera pans there)

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 24, 2022, 2:50:23 AM

This kind of detailed breakdown is so impressive, thank you for making it! Wild speculation but does the hero in the middle top row look like a Vodyani helmet? The one next to it a Haunt or maybe a Broken Lord? I'd love to see the Vodyani and Broken Lord traits translated into this game!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 13, 2022, 11:19:58 PM

Shroom looks like they could be (a) Haroshem - their healing being plant-based also fits into the background of that race as well.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 21, 2022, 6:01:48 PM

On the "Extra left wall" picture, there are two pics on the left which looks exactly like Misha (The Heavy).

Also related to the question 3, I have a list of who I'm expecting to be in this game:

- Another quartet from TF2. Since this game happens roughly at the same time with DotE Medic, Heavy, Engineer and Pyro won't be in this game but for example Soldier, Demoman, Scout and Sniper could be in this game (or Spy could replace one of the aforementioned characters). 

- Commander Kapsi, Elise and Rakya been talking about or Captain Miles who's still angry about what happened at Regulus 4 and looking for OpbotDV8 and Ken or a Groit who was among the Groits who charged that camp would be interesting appearences. 

- Maybe DOOD would appear again or maybe Zornyu Hatborz, The Demon Lord of a Thousand Armies who haunted Mizi would appear as an NPC (If Mizi dies, he should be freed so we would also learn if she is alive or dead.) or one of his subordinates have haunted someone and is stuck just like Mizi's situation. Maybe they were accidentally captured by a scientist who was working on a faster space engine but accidentally opened a portal which caused their souls to fuse together would be a good back story i think? 

- Maybe the cop who happened to be on the case of the Gang of Funny Face, Josh, Max, Troe and Golgy would also be happen to here aswell. 

- Maybe we would get a free dlc which includes another rescue squad from STEAL again or maybe someone related to previous squad would make an appaerence. Like someone who got trained or got their pet trained by Sasha, someone heard Wes handling the communications or maybe Wes' "slippery friend" would appear here and we learn from him that he actually didn't went to Auriga but mislead Wes so he would get to keep his records he borrowed from him or even we would see Zugma's supervisor handling the saving operation because the previous team was occupied and/or did not return yet.

- Maybe another Rosetta variant is with this team or this space station has a clone of Hikensha or tribe chief of Skroig (That Scrapped Character Concept) or Kreyang.

- Maybe someone who was raiding places with Gork (Highly Likely a Craver), a Doctor who worked with Nurse Deena or a Doctor who had Rakya, Mizi or Golgy as a patient, someone who went to the same cullinary school with Chef Nanor or even someone who would kept being hired to fix whatever Elise broke would be a huge stretch but possible.

Also, I won't talk about another Tarrosh possibly being in the game because they are in every Endless game but this time it could have something akin to an Elevator Talk Event from the first game which could give us some background about Tarroshes.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment