Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is the Endless Dungeon Timeline being Revised

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jan 21, 2022, 10:24:20 PM

It's been mentioned that Endless Dungeon takes place at the same time as Dungeon of the Endless. Normally this is fine and all, however in Zeds reveal trailer, you can quite clearly see a Drakken in the band she was listening to, this is big as it Means the Drakken did survive Auriga, however timeline wise, it threatens to retcon a bunch of the lore. As it takes thousands of years before Endless Legends, the orbital weapons platform is still active, effectively quarantining the planet. As the Drakken are natives of Auriga, they effectively should all still be trapped on the planet. Unless they are not natives to Auriga, (which in itself would retcon the lore) that would retcon a large part of Auriga's lore, this can be avoided if Endless Dungeon takes place after Endless Legends and before ES2.

So that begs the question, Is Endless Dungeon being pushed foward in the timeline. Frankly I think it should, placing it after E.L would not retcon any of the lore, it would fit more in line with the general lore of the franchise, and it would give the Drakken and their heroes from E.L a chance to appear again in future Endless games, perhaps even current ones like ES2, making new possible stories for us to tell, Say have Researcher Namkang teaming up with Senya Snowridge working with the vaulters to stop the Cravers.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 2:48:46 AM

and before anyone talks about it, yes there is a Kapaku in the band as well, they are more 50/50 as the Kapaku are not Native to Auriga, but the concrete Endless evacuated their entire species to Auriga so the Implications of seeing a Kapaku off of Auriga during the time of Dungeon of the Endless is a more nebulous topic.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 7:25:33 PM

Drakken are native to Auriga but they were still tampered with by The Endless. It's entirely possible that proto-Drakken might've been taken from Auriga by The Endless, experimented on(physically and socially), and then reseeded back into Auriga. We don't know the full extent of the experimentation done to the Drakken so some of it might've been off-world or on-world. Is it possible for there to be other numbers of Drakken in the universe that have been placed there by The Endless?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 7:36:45 PM
TheMagicJesus wrote:

Drakken are native to Auriga but they were still tampered with by The Endless. It's entirely possible that proto-Drakken might've been taken from Auriga by The Endless, experimented on(physically and socially), and then reseeded back into Auriga. We don't know the full extent of the experimentation done to the Drakken so some of it might've been off-world or on-world. Is it possible for there to be other numbers of Drakken in the universe that have been placed there by The Endless?

Perhaps, but the full body of the Drakken on the stage itself, looks like a Drakkenling judging as there are no apparent wings on the Drakken. The Drakkenling, in the main Drakken missions, were said to only began appearing recently for the Drakken, IE There should not be any Drakkenling up until right before the events of Endless Legends.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 7:52:07 PM
DragonGaming wrote:
Perhaps, but the full body of the Drakken on the stage itself, looks like a Drakkenling judging as there are no apparent wings on the Drakken. The Drakkenling, which in the main Drakken missions, were said to only began appearing recently for the Drakken, IE There should not be any Drakkenling up until right before the events of Endless Legends.

The Drakkenlings only started appearing in Endless Legend because warfare became necessity. The Drakken were seemingly designed by The Endless to produce them. If that's the case then other Drakkenlings might exist in the universe as well as byproducts of the initial experimentation by The Endless.

I don't necessarily believe that the band member is a Drakkenling. I'm not too deep into the lore but the presence of horns on the band member contrasts a lot of the art of Drakkenlings and as stupid as it might sound his wings could just be packed underneath his jacket

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 9:41:24 PM
TheMagicJesus wrote:
DragonGaming wrote:
Perhaps, but the full body of the Drakken on the stage itself, looks like a Drakkenling judging as there are no apparent wings on the Drakken. The Drakkenling, which in the main Drakken missions, were said to only began appearing recently for the Drakken, IE There should not be any Drakkenling up until right before the events of Endless Legends.

The Drakkenlings only started appearing in Endless Legend because warfare became necessity. The Drakken were seemingly designed by The Endless to produce them. If that's the case then other Drakkenlings might exist in the universe as well as byproducts of the initial experimentation by The Endless.

I don't necessarily believe that the band member is a Drakkenling. I'm not too deep into the lore but the presence of horns on the band member contrasts a lot of the art of Drakkenlings and as stupid as it might sound his wings could just be packed underneath his jacket

Might be, it is implied that the Endless experimented on the Drakken near the last years of the endless civil war, perhaps a few might have been sent out, still that is only speculation. Without solid evidence, there is simply too much conflict with the lore for the timeframe, placing it after Endless Legend just makes more sense, doesn't conflict with any of the established lore, and it would give Amplitude and the community more opportunities to create new stories with the Drakken and their E.L Heroes. Which is why I want to know if Amplitude is revising the timeframe that Endless Dungeon is taking place.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 10:37:29 PM
DragonGaming wrote:
It's been mentioned that Endless Dungeon takes place at the same time as Dungeon of the Endless. Normally this is fine and all, however in Zeds reveal trailer, you can quite clearly see a Drakken in the band she was listening to, this is big as it Means the Drakken did survive Auriga, however timeline wise, it threatens to retcon a bunch of the lore. As it takes thousands of years before Endless Legends, the orbital weapons platform is still active, effectively quarantining the planet. As the Drakken are natives of Auriga, they effectively should all still be trapped on the planet. Unless they are not natives to Auriga, (which in itself would retcon the lore) that would retcon a large part of Auriga's lore, this can be avoided if Endless Dungeon takes place after Endless Legends and before ES2.

Technically they aren't natives to Auriga, Endless uplifted native wingless non-centient wyrms to Drakkens we now know, so they could take place of Allayi and pacify all other natives. Just like Endless moved Hissho and Fomorians to several different locations, far from original home planet, they could transfer some Drakkens to space too.

Yeah, what TheMagicJesus said.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 10:56:55 PM
Sublustris wrote:
DragonGaming wrote:

Technically they aren't natives to Auriga, Endless uplifted native wingless non-centient wyrms to Drakkens we now know, so they could take place of Allayi and pacify all other natives. Just like Endless moved Hissho and Fomorians to several different locations, far from original home planet, they could transfer some Drakkens to space too.

Yeah, what TheMagicJesus said.

If they uplifted Native wyrms into the Drakken, that's simply accelerating the species evolution, they are still native and originated from Auriga. True they might have transferred some Drakken somewhere else and did even more experiments, but we have no solid proof of that happening. Like I said in a previous post, Moving Endless Dungeon to take place after E.L may give you best bang for your buck, especially as the game itself seems to be very isolated from the rest of the galaxy.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 22, 2022, 11:22:28 PM

What would be easier, moving a game across timeline or moving some Drakken across space?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 23, 2022, 12:07:32 AM
DNLH wrote:

What would be easier, moving a game across timeline or moving some Drakken across space?

When you put it that way, it sounds much more radical and excessive than I intended the suggestion to be, (along with that some things just didn't match with the lore and timeframe)?  It just seems like the perfect way to give the Drakken and their heroes that we know from Endless Legend a chance to continue their story and make brand new stories with established characters.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 23, 2022, 12:29:35 AM

If I remember correctly (which is debatable because it was 3am and I was very tired) during the Jan22 stream, Jeff Spock did briefly mention the need, after creating so much lore, for them to codify/clarify at least some of the Endless Universe timeline, so it wouldn't be surprising (nor detrimental) for them to retcon or revisit the timelines of some of the older games (such as Dungeon of the Endless).  

That being said, further information on any timeline/continuity changes will likely be revealed with the game's release, or sometime before it comes out. It's unlikely they'll shed much light on this as Endless Dungeon is still in development. 

My own two cents though? If they're not going with a timeline change then the theropod bandmember was probably more of a Hissho/Yuusho-esq retcon than some sort of Aurigan Drakken in space deal. The Endless ran experiments all over the galaxy, who's to say they didn't have a separate experiment with the original Drakken species.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 23, 2022, 12:38:20 AM
Suis3i wrote:

If I remember correctly (which is debatable because it was 3am and I was very tired) during the Jan22 stream, Jeff Spock did briefly mention the need, after creating so much lore, for them to codify/clarify at least some of the Endless Universe timeline, so it wouldn't be surprising (nor detrimental) for them to retcon or revisit the timelines of some of the older games (such as Dungeon of the Endless).  

That being said, further information on any timeline/continuity changes will likely be revealed with the game's release, or sometime before it comes out. It's unlikely they'll shed much light on this as Endless Dungeon is still in development. 

My own two cents though? If they're not going with a timeline change then the theropod bandmember was probably more of a Hissho/Yuusho-esq retcon than some sort of Aurigan Drakken in space deal. The Endless ran experiments all over the galaxy, who's to say they didn't have a separate experiment with the original Drakken species.

That is a possibility, however we won't know for sure until Endless Dungeon releases and sheds some light.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 26, 2022, 7:54:36 PM

In reading the Dungeon of The Endless Artbook I found this confirmation that Kreyang is Drakken on page 53 which is something that might've been forgotten in the discussion. I don't know how it might effect your thoughts but I think it's clear you really just want some post Endless Legend Drakken content. I don't know how canon that art books are considered though.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 26, 2022, 7:57:49 PM
TheMagicJesus wrote:

In reading the Dungeon of The Endless Artbook I found this confirmation that Kreyang is Drakken on page 53 which is something that might've been forgotten in the discussion. I don't know how it might effect your thoughts but I think it's clear you really just want some post Endless Legend Drakken content. I don't know how canon that art books are considered though.

I read about Kreyang too, her lore states that an accident altered her cell structure, is it possible that this alteration caused her to become a Drakkenling much earlier than expected for the Drakken?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 28, 2022, 3:08:21 PM

I should come clean and tell you all that I wrote the art books. Unless I screwed up somewhere (always a possibility) they should only have canonical content.

However, what I would like to add is that you are, essentially, all correct...

1. First, I have to say that the band member is more of a Hissho / Yuusho, not a Drakken.
  2. There will be, however, a Drakken in Endless Dungeon! High five, @DragonGaming :)
  3. The Drakken character is available because they were definitely subjected to experiments by the Endless. Think of it like COVID -- once one lab has looked at the DNA and RNA, everybody gets it to play around with. So any species that was manipulated by the Endless would have had their building blocks as common scientific data.
  4. So Endless Dungeon does happen -- give or take a few decades -- at the same time as DotE.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have to retcon this kind of thing some time, but not yet!

-Slow
Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 28, 2022, 6:23:07 PM

sweet, does that mean we may also see the Drakken in future Endless games? Perhaps even the same Drakken and their heroes we know from E.L in say E.L 2 or ES3?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 28, 2022, 6:23:52 PM
Slowhands wrote:

I should come clean and tell you all that I wrote the art books. Unless I screwed up somewhere (always a possibility) they should only have canonical content.

However, what I would like to add is that you are, essentially, all correct...

1. First, I have to say that the band member is more of a Hissho / Yuusho, not a Drakken.
  2. There will be, however, a Drakken in Endless Dungeon! High five, @DragonGaming :)
  3. The Drakken character is available because they were definitely subjected to experiments by the Endless. Think of it like COVID -- once one lab has looked at the DNA and RNA, everybody gets it to play around with. So any species that was manipulated by the Endless would have had their building blocks as common scientific data.
  4. So Endless Dungeon does happen -- give or take a few decades -- at the same time as DotE.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have to retcon this kind of thing some time, but not yet!

-Slow

Thanks for the clarification and for adding narrative depth to these games we love.

I know you probably won't/can't answer this but is Endless Dungeon going to provide the setup for Endless Legend 2 like Dungeon of the Endless did for Endless Legend?

Keep up the great work.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 2, 2022, 4:02:26 PM
TheMagicJesus wrote:
Slowhands wrote:

Thanks for the clarification and for adding narrative depth to these games we love.

I know you probably won't/can't answer this but is Endless Dungeon going to provide the setup for Endless Legend 2 like Dungeon of the Endless did for Endless Legend?

Keep up the great work.

Endless Dungeon is not planned as a link to any other Amplitude game past, present, or future; the setting and the stories are being developed as standalone content. Anything can happen -- and we always leave a lot of hooks in our lore to play with it later -- but for the moment ED stands on its own.

-Slow

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 4, 2022, 4:38:43 AM
Slowhands wrote:
Endless Dungeon is not planned as a link to any other Amplitude game past, present, or future

Endless Zone confirmed for non-canon.

It's not an Amplitude game really but you get the joke.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 29, 2022, 1:52:41 PM

Wow -- good catch  :D 

But as you say, TheMagicJesus, Endless Zone isn't really part of canon!

-Slow

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment