Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Early Access and your thoughts on that ?

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
May 7, 2022, 12:44:33 PM

Just wondering if you would be willing to release endless dungeon on early access , as i would be willing to pay based on the original game - i most play on Nintendo switch but i would be happy to play on my laptop/gaming pc

But would you as a game dev 

1) listen to gamers feed back and be willing to change your idea based of feed back of what the players thought of your idea

2) do you take criticism well and are you willing to have your ideas poo poo'ed putting them to the test of a forum of gamers willing to rip into your game and tear it apart piece by piece

3) would you make balance changes based off how we pushed your game to its limits with builds and game play styles you didn't consider or think of

if the answer is yes to those questions they i would be happy to pay in advance

p.s. sorry off topic but i just wanted to say if done correctly and you can take notes and go with the flow based off other peoples feed back it could help a lot.. so i was playing tinas wonderland yes totally different game but very poorly updated in the terms of how the games been patched and updated with skills/gun nerfs they should of increased damage of others which in turn would of opened the game up and given me more high damage options that i would of had more fun swapping my guns in and out but instead just resulted in that i no longer want to play it.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
May 9, 2022, 2:35:08 PM

Hey, for the primary question I can not tell you for the moment.

For the other 3 question, we always heard the community, suggestions, critics, balancing... And try to address the concerns that the community has. It is true that depending on the problem could be more difficult to implement (like change completely a system of the game) and also it is important to find a balance between our vision for the game and the community feedback, which could affect the core of the game (a extreme example: "I prefer Endless Dungeon to be a pixel game as DOTE")

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 9, 2022, 10:08:53 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:

It is true that depending on the problem could be more difficult to implement (like change completely a system of the game) and also it is important to find a balance between our vision for the game and the community feedback, which could affect the core of the game (a extreme example: "I prefer Endless Dungeon to be a pixel game as DOTE")

So since you brought up the topic of game vision vs. community feedback and discussed an example, where would feedback requesting a turn-based "Classic Mode" in Endless Dungeon that gameplay-wise works exactly like DOTE fall on this "not extreme/too extreme" scale?  (Trying to plug my idea early.)

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
May 10, 2022, 9:29:17 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:

Hey, for the primary question I can not tell you for the moment.

For the other 3 question, we always heard the community, suggestions, critics, balancing... And try to address the concerns that the community has. It is true that depending on the problem could be more difficult to implement (like change completely a system of the game) and also it is important to find a balance between our vision for the game and the community feedback, which could affect the core of the game (a extreme example: "I prefer Endless Dungeon to be a pixel game as DOTE")

Thank you Daark for your taking the time to reply and answer, i look forward to playing the new game

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 4, 2022, 10:44:37 PM
SpikedWallMan wrote:
Daarkarrow wrote:

It is true that depending on the problem could be more difficult to implement (like change completely a system of the game) and also it is important to find a balance between our vision for the game and the community feedback, which could affect the core of the game (a extreme example: "I prefer Endless Dungeon to be a pixel game as DOTE")

So since you brought up the topic of game vision vs. community feedback and discussed an example, where would feedback requesting a turn-based "Classic Mode" in Endless Dungeon that gameplay-wise works exactly like DOTE fall on this "not extreme/too extreme" scale?  (Trying to plug my idea early.)

You really nailed it with this suggestion @SpikedWallMan 

"A turn-based "Classic Mode" in Endless Dungeon that gameplay-wise works exactly like DOTE" is the missing piece to transform this game back into a strategic masterpiece

In DotE you mostly spent your time creating strategies, and making hard decisions, and using your brain, using all your characters and using the map while doing stuff

On Endless Dungeon you just run around mindlessly in Diablo ARPG / Looter shooter style, you are more focused on where you are than on the entire map and overall strategy by design, you barely use your brain, waves come over and over without logic even if you don't open doors and I saw streamers just playing 1 character while parking the other 2 in just 1 defense place at the start of the level and never using them for the entire level. They just run and pew pew pew. It is so sad to see this transform from a brain using game to a button smashing game using just 1 character most of the time and running around endlessly

I hope the game improves massively on the strategic level on the next iterations instead of focusing on running over and over again ARPG style

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment