Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

g2g forum navigation seems a bit of a mess

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jun 29, 2022, 7:32:44 PM

I want to search forums, cannot see a specific search option.

I look around UI, looks like a global search up the top, i type in "endless legend 2" and i end up in some weird place with ribbons on left (pic below), ok, and i see a post there asking about Endless Legend 2, it's 2 years old, so i click this and i get a 404.
I try clicking back and it looks like you broke your browser history API queue and it produces a URL like this and i can never get back.

https://www.games2gether.com/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/games2gether/404

a) why no forum search?
b) why no working link to forum post? ( assuming that is a forum post and not some legacy forum or separate data storage

Oh wait, ok, so after several iterations with variations i discover that purple must mean "deleted but we're still going to link to it because why not" and red means "this is a working post". OK. perhaps hide purple posts. Thanks :)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2022, 1:11:41 AM

Came back to see if my complaint would mean it was all magically fixed, LOL.  Man how does anyone navigate this site, it's mental. You can't choose anything, you have to UNCHOOSE everything else? the team that built those amazing energy symmetric interfaces in EL/ES2 is obviously the complete opposite of whatever Frankenstein this UI was built of.  I resort to a literal string search for "Endless Legend" and i get a bunch of randomly ordered results, i try to sort them - it sorts the entire list of results including every other game and topic there is. Like that's super basic 101 functionality.  Why even have forums, just leave it to steam, despite theirs being awful they're still 100 times better than this monstrosity.  

Thanks!
love.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2022, 2:57:59 PM

a) why no forum search? 

That mess is a forum search :)

b) posts you have no access to (hidden, moved, soft deleted etc) produce this broken navigation behaviour. They are shown in search result, becase a) That mess is a forum search :)

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment