Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How far have you gotten in the First Run OpenDev?

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 4:23:03 PM

The farthest I have progressed is to the second Crystal Slot in the Procedural Factory.  Has anyone been able to finish that stage?  Are there any stages after that?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 5:32:03 PM

I know some people are not going to like this but honestly - I'm getting nowhere with this now, and the more I try the worse I'm progressing.  It feels like the difficulty is increasing as I go, and what I think I'm supposed to do after a run results in even worse results.  Yesterday in my first game I made it to the elevator, then decided to figure out why the controller didn't work and restarted.  I got to the first elevator and lost the crystal.  I had one run where I moved the crystal once after the elevator and then lost because I didn't know that the bot mines the dust crystals at that point.

Since those first two runs, I've been doing worse and worse each run.  I open 4 or so doors and a wave wipes out all my generator and downs a hero,   No chance to upgrade a hero, research a turret, you realize you aren't going to go anywhere and should restart.

I find myself leaving the game to play something else for a bit, and even though maybe I should go do work.  Since I absolutely loved Dungeon of the Endless I'm trying to figure out why this game just makes me want to throw things.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 5:35:57 PM

Crystal died at what was described as the final door in the factory. Assume that is the end and unlocks the 3rd character slot?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 6:09:32 PM
gregchelmo wrote:

Crystal died at what was described as the final door in the factory. Assume that is the end and unlocks the 3rd character slot?

The 3rd character slot should unlock when you enter the factory for the first time. Check your character select screen and see if you can enable that slot. (The activation button is Y on the controller config. Can't remember the keyboard binding offhand.)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 7:02:37 PM
SpikedWallMan wrote:
gregchelmo wrote:

The 3rd character slot should unlock when you enter the factory for the first time. Check your character select screen and see if you can enable that slot. (The activation button is Y on the controller config. Can't remember the keyboard binding offhand.)

Thank you! Using m&k there is literally just a button you have to click 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 11:09:36 PM

I've beaten the game multiple times. So have a bunch of other VIPs. We've had much more time to practice than you guys, so it shows the game has a learning curve. There are two halves to each level, and there are two levels. It isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. I'll see if I can make a video and put up some tips for people who are struggling.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 10:34:50 AM

Hope the guide and tips I made to help some players. Not perfect and probably more things to cover but I wanted to leave some space/areas to learn.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 2:54:54 AM

Reporting back that I've beaten both levels, and I would have likely beaten it more than once if not for a couple of bugs I ran into (1 I was able to send a save in for).  I haven't watched the videos yet but I will now.  So it looks like (but I need to go test to confirm) that I had some strange thing going on with the aiming and shooting that I caused customizing my video settings.  It was ruining pretty much everything for me. I had a few first good runs, then changed my video settings to fix the brightness and set the resolution. After undoing the resolution I was fine again.

I sort of need to set the resolution back up to see if it happens again... but I a few to brace myself for the potential pain.  Please tell me if you find any similar issue based on resolution because if seems like crazy talk to me (I am the one saying it.)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 5:08:24 AM

Hello, I had won my first run after a few hours. Games music and graphics are so amazing so far, excited to see/hear more levels and soundtracks on full release!!!!  I hoped to able to get in some real hero focused runs but meta really seems to prefer the towers as power houses. Although I don't think they let us play with all the towers yet, the ones I did use all felt really fun to play with though. ( n_n) so far so good. I am so excited for this game

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 8:50:54 AM
HonorsAegis wrote:

Hello, I had won my first run after a few hours. Games music and graphics are so amazing so far, excited to see/hear more levels and soundtracks on full release!!!!  I hoped to able to get in some real hero focused runs but meta really seems to prefer the towers as power houses. Although I don't think they let us play with all the towers yet, the ones I did use all felt really fun to play with though. ( n_n) so far so good. I am so excited for this game

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 8:52:21 AM
GeekLegion wrote:

Reporting back that I've beaten both levels, and I would have likely beaten it more than once if not for a couple of bugs I ran into (1 I was able to send a save in for).  I haven't watched the videos yet but I will now.  So it looks like (but I need to go test to confirm) that I had some strange thing going on with the aiming and shooting that I caused customizing my video settings.  It was ruining pretty much everything for me. I had a few first good runs, then changed my video settings to fix the brightness and set the resolution. After undoing the resolution I was fine again.

I sort of need to set the resolution back up to see if it happens again... but I a few to brace myself for the potential pain.  Please tell me if you find any similar issue based on resolution because if seems like crazy talk to me (I am the one saying it.)

If possible, create a bug report, with those problems with the resolution.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 9:07:54 AM

I've beaten the game twice, but I really do not know how to activate the third hero slot. I have to use two heroes on all the four stages, and I can say that stage 4 with two heroes is an assburning.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 10:54:01 AM
Stellarsson wrote:

I've beaten the game twice, but I really do not know how to activate the third hero slot. I have to use two heroes on all the four stages, and I can say that stage 4 with two heroes is an assburning.

If i recall correctly is with Y with the controller 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment