Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sideliner

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 18, 2022, 5:56:18 AM

Hey guys, I have set myself up for the waiting list to testplay this game. I have been waiting for a while, but I know some of you are already playing the game. I want to hear from you! How is it? What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? I want to know from those who have experienced it what their take of the game currently is. I personally love dungeon of the endless and the one thing I wished they added they decided to add it! 

Feel free to to post what your love and what you hate about it so far. The more feedback the better! 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 18, 2022, 10:06:17 AM

ED is pretty cool. Right now OpenDev is closed so no one but us VIPs can play the game. I don't want to say too much about it because we're under NDA not to share things before Amplitude has finalized them and is ready to announce them. It's a bit short at the moment: only two levels, I think eight enemies, and three heroes. However it's looking really good, and Amplitude has put out high quality stuff in the past so I trust they will reach the potential this game has as they continue to add content. You can expect deep strategical combat, asymmetrical gameplay from diverse building and hero options, deep well-written stories, and unique and strange lore. Right now the enemies are just bugs and robots, and hero abilities just do damage in an area, because Amplitude always starts their core content with relatively normal stuff. They will surely add some wild unexpected things as development continues.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 18, 2022, 11:59:32 PM

That's promising to hear. Now I am only hearing pros from your paragraph, but no cons. Was there anything you disliked about it or hoped they would change? I have purchased many of Amplitude's games without really thinking that they were all a part of same developer. Usually when this happens it means that what they have, their ideas and implementations, are spot on to what a lot of these triple AAA studios forgot or lost. This is promising overall, as they are experienced across genre of gameplay (think endless legends versus dungeon of the endless) and can still make each genre addictive and enjoyable.

I can see you definitely have experienced probably all of their titles to a completionist degree. I am definitely hyped for this game, especially to play it with friends and have been following it for a while now. From the information you have given, the game is still very early in its development so I am glad to see they are working on the fundamentals and setting a good foundation to build upon. If others could chime in as well on their experience of the game as well as the more opinions provided here will help out those just dropping in or undecided. As for me I already decided this was a title I will be picking up when it is available.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 20, 2022, 3:55:41 PM

There are some things that I don't like the way they currently work. For example right now food does very little and is completely unnecessary. They haven't put a lot of development into food yet. But I don't consider that a criticism of the final product, just an issue that development hasn't addressed yet. Once the game is finalized I may have some criticisms that didn't get addressed during development, but I see no reason to bring up every issue at this time.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment