Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Short review

Copied to clipboard!
8 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 10:20:34 AM

Hi, I follow the studio since Dungeon of The Endless and I was really happy to see the new game Endless Dungeon. This a quite good game but their is a lots of work to do to be a Great game. I precise that I didn't see a roadmap.

I liked :

-DA

-Songs

-Concept of taking Dungeon of the endless to a more dynamic gameplay

-The Rogue like aspect

I didn't like :

-Not enough contents, I have around 30 hours and I have unlock all characters, all stages, all weapons upgrade, all things on the library ( except some heroes story).

The game need some Swords/Spears users or kind of things like the first game.And only 4 bosses is a bit sad, on other rogue like games ( Isaac by exemple) there is like 10+ bosses. What  can be done here is extend level 2 and add more areas, do the same with 3, more level 4 bosses. New categories of ennemies can be add with a new element, more ennemies for the base game elements, new "buildings" like ships on dungeon of the endless, new end cinematic depends on which final boss you beat if you picked my Idea of new level 4 bosses. And many other things. 

-Doing harder runs are not very rewarding and maybe a story that require to do harder and harder building ( building 1 very easy, building 2 easy, 3 medium, 4 hard...) coulded be done.

-The Rogue like aspect is to limited, there is like 20-30 weapons.That's good but not enough, with classes we can divide by 2 the numbers. It need more fancy weapons ( Shotgun, Bazooka, Swords/Spears, a ray that take strange pattern etc ). A shop where you pay by science to evolve weapon rarity can be done and will increase the stats of the weapons ( kind of Pack a Punch in Call of Duty ).The buffs buyable at the merchant ( on the right side) or earnable when you open a chest are too limited. We need more of them. Add more characters evolutions from the shop when you use foods and at the saloon. 

-Dust utilisation is very different from the first game and its less stress full. When you begin to be level 8-9 on Dungeon of the Endless, rooms are less enlightened and dust begin to be rare. Here I didn't had this feelings. What could be done is more dark rooms at level 3-4. And a Dust generator as turret that give Dust every 5 Doors or kind of things. We need to have this kind of scare feeling.

-Last boss looks kind of buggy, sometimes he don't take damages, it's not very clear on how he works.

Conclusion :

For me the game shoulded be on early access and get some updates. I don't know what is your Roadmap, but it needs more contents and add more rogue like things to become a great game. For the moment the price is a bit high for this game, and I hope free update will come.

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 3:40:52 PM

Hey, thanks for your analysis/review!

For the content and the replayability factor, I know the team wants to work on that aspect and will bring new content.

For the Dust, agree that perhaps we need to increase the dark rooms, or at least more for higher difficulties. Also, perhaps more uses of Dust

For your last point about the boss. When you encounter it in the first area, you can only inflict damage once he raises the hand (you will see it is orange). Also, I think animation/vfx is not working very well on him, as there is not a visual indication that your bullet is hurting him. For this, you will notice it on the hp bar.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 9:01:12 PM

For your last point, sometimes the HP of the boss are not shown, I thought it was something that happend when you go on higher difficulties, but it seems not planned. I think he need a better visual effect for showing when we can hit him. Like I don't know, his black mist disappear and he is screaming or something like that. I will follow the game news and hope the team will show what's next for the game 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Nov 9, 2023, 11:57:12 AM
ShokiSan wrote:

For your last point, sometimes the HP of the boss are not shown, I thought it was something that happend when you go on higher difficulties, but it seems not planned. I think he need a better visual effect for showing when we can hit him. Like I don't know, his black mist disappear and he is screaming or something like that. I will follow the game news and hope the team will show what's next for the game 

For the boss not showing the HP bar, it is a bug.
Here is the link to the "bug reported", do not hesitate to upvote it

0Send private message
8 months ago
Nov 13, 2023, 8:34:19 AM

I can definitely say the game lacks difficulty in the sense of scarcity of recourses, issues in the balancing of mechanics like shove, heroes, and turrets as well as wit and versatility. In my sessions I find myself with tons of industry since most of the time I can manage waves with just the hero's themselves and push shards and crystal shard since there's so much healing for the crystal, I only grab def and damage boosts with jellyfier and then im good for the game. early in my play I used to try to set up guards for generators with turrets and a diagnosticator but it always fails to work, even when turrets are but behind the gen, or the diagnosticator is all the way the back, they'll seemingly attack to guarantee all device are disabled then take the gen, this must be do to the priority that some mobs have, but there's no info in-game to figure out what they do, I was a little underwhelmed to find the data you receive after killing a certain amount did not give much info at all with only some explaining of their abilities to some of the monsters. shoving is almost useless. even for the shove character i'd always rather shoot instead, it's a good ldea with wit for repairing and such but the buff isn't much worth the time to run around and hit them all, and I'd rather focus skills and my own heros attacks. all this being said, I like playing it, and the devs seems to be in for the long hall seeing there's add-ons, DLC, and expansions to come and with how asymmetrical this title is, it'll definitely take some tweeks and rebalancing, but I trust there on it but it just a shame the launch could have been better off

Either way thanks for the effort and time for this game devs!  

0Send private message
8 months ago
Nov 17, 2023, 11:22:18 AM
Hayzee wrote:

I can definitely say the game lacks difficulty in the sense of scarcity of recourses, issues in the balancing of mechanics like shove, heroes, and turrets as well as wit and versatility. In my sessions I find myself with tons of industry since most of the time I can manage waves with just the hero's themselves and push shards and crystal shard since there's so much healing for the crystal, I only grab def and damage boosts with jellyfier and then im good for the game. early in my play I used to try to set up guards for generators with turrets and a diagnosticator but it always fails to work, even when turrets are but behind the gen, or the diagnosticator is all the way the back, they'll seemingly attack to guarantee all device are disabled then take the gen, this must be do to the priority that some mobs have, but there's no info in-game to figure out what they do, I was a little underwhelmed to find the data you receive after killing a certain amount did not give much info at all with only some explaining of their abilities to some of the monsters. shoving is almost useless. even for the shove character i'd always rather shoot instead, it's a good ldea with wit for repairing and such but the buff isn't much worth the time to run around and hit them all, and I'd rather focus skills and my own heros attacks. all this being said, I like playing it, and the devs seems to be in for the long hall seeing there's add-ons, DLC, and expansions to come and with how asymmetrical this title is, it'll definitely take some tweeks and rebalancing, but I trust there on it but it just a shame the launch could have been better off

Either way thanks for the effort and time for this game devs!  

For this point, let's talk about it next week :P

I can manage waves with just the hero's 

The team has touched quite a few things in terms of the balance (next patch) and it is too much "hero-centric", so we are trying to balance a bit of that.

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment