Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Artefacts shouldn't be able to be started when crystal is moving

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 1:12:59 AM

The game currently allows you to start artefact research on new turrets despite not being able to finish it if your crystal moves past the exit door, which wastes science and is a situation that the first game dealt with by making players unable to start research that they can't finish. 

The crystal moving and artefact triggered waves should not be able to occur at the same time to prevent players from figuring out the hard way that the game is wasting their science

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 1:15:19 AM

Proposing a solution of cancelling / refunding science for research started when the crystal is moved so you don't feel locked in if you were to move it to shards or other crystal slots mid wave, and can continue it if you are still on the floor. To prevent cancelling the wave by just moving and re-slotting the crystal, make it so the wave that would have spawned with the artefact research will continue to spawn as it would anyways.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 10:07:15 AM

Agree haha, to me there are 2 solutions.
A. You are not able to do research when moving crystal.
B. If you can and success to finish the level/move crystal, you get that research done.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 10:26:05 AM

I get confirmation that if you start a research while the crystal bot is on the way to final door you should "finish" the research if you success and your Research Terminal stands up ofc (like not being destroyed on the process)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 6, 2022, 12:40:16 AM

On that topic: I haven't quite figured out yet if there's a wave incoming and I move the crystal or start research, does that trigger a double-sized wave, or is it essentially "free" (since a wave was already incoming)?

I've had many times where I'm deciding research and I see "wave incoming" so I quickly pick research and assume that it isn't making the wave even bigger, but this thread suggests maybe the waves are stacking up?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 7, 2022, 2:34:22 PM
mgiuca wrote:

On that topic: I haven't quite figured out yet if there's a wave incoming and I move the crystal or start research, does that trigger a double-sized wave, or is it essentially "free" (since a wave was already incoming)?

I've had many times where I'm deciding research and I see "wave incoming" so I quickly pick research and assume that it isn't making the wave even bigger, but this thread suggests maybe the waves are stacking up?

It's a double-sized wave ^^

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 20, 2022, 3:17:57 PM

Thank you for the suggestion EmbEro.

There was a bug in the Open Dev build where artifact researches were not validated when completing a zone or a district.

It has since been fixed and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment