Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

More feedback for doing damage to enemies

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jun 30, 2022, 9:02:00 PM

I really enjoy the gunplay feel, but sometimes it feels a little weightless without seeing enemy healthbars drop down, or potentially even a hitmarker/hitsound of some kind to accompany doing damage to enemies as the currently controlled hero.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 10:48:49 AM

I noticed that at the beginning but, at least in my case, I get used to it. Because if we include like enemy bars it could be like a lot of health bars on the screen (specially when you have this kind of situations with A LOOOT of bugs and bots). I will mention to the team, but lets see if more people miss that ^^ 
If not mistaken there is a special effect + sound when having a critic on the enemy.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 8:36:27 PM

It wasn't a major issue but I somewhat agree: at first, it's sometimes not really clear when you're hitting the target, especially with a weapon like the gatling. But you eventually get used to it.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 12:43:28 AM

I think better feedback for when you are doing damage wouldn't hurt. Like monster blood splatter or hit fire.

Make it a toggle option or a slider so people could tweak as they wanted.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 4:07:37 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:

I noticed that at the beginning but, at least in my case, I get used to it. Because if we include like enemy bars it could be like a lot of health bars on the screen (specially when you have this kind of situations with A LOOOT of bugs and bots). I will mention to the team, but lets see if more people miss that ^^
If not mistaken there is a special effect + sound when having a critic on the enemy.

I thought about this a bit, I agree that perhaps it could be overwhelming having all the healthbars on screen during a wave but given it would be more of a solution to show the damage the player controlled character is doing, perhaps it could be implemented by showing the healthbars of enemies you specifically hit? Personal floating healthbars, or even something like damage numbers, and only for the character you are currently controlling / enemies you are hitting with that character

I enjoy the sound and vfx when you land appropriate weakness elemental types on enemies, but this doesn't account for general situations where you don't have the appropriate weapon yet. I still think maybe a general, soft sounding hitsound when you hit things as the controlled character would be nice

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment