Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Add support for UltraWide (21:9) Resolutions

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 3:34:05 PM

When playing with an UltraWide display at 21:9 Aspect Ratio the only resolution choices are 16:9 ones which causes massive black bars on the left and right side of the screen.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 3:16:59 PM

+1 for me. 32:9 ultrawide user here and the black bars are a bummer! Game is gorgeous though, really looking forward to seeing the final product. 

To the devs -- if you could add in ultrawide support uncapped (21:9, 32:9, etc) and add an option to keep the HUD constrained to 16:9 that would be phenomenal. Just removing the black bars and leaving everything else basically as-is would be perfect.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 4:38:17 AM

+1 for me as well.  Ultrawide monitors have existed a long time now, but I'm shocked on how many games decide not to support that.

If you decide not to please make it very clear you haven't.   Recently I had bought The Ascent and that has unplayable parts unless you  go in and use engine tools to change the FoV. And they make a post saying they had support for ultrawide which made users furious.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 12:32:17 AM

I agree, there are a lot of us out there. Even though most of us deal with developers not fully supporting it, most games recently have minor support.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 9:13:04 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I think we "cap" a bit all the options (same for graphic setting) to ensure a similar experience but I do understand that is not the best for you. Noted ^^

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 2:19:08 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I think we "cap" a bit all the options (same for graphic setting) to ensure a similar experience but I do understand that is not the best for you. Noted ^^

I get that there might be gameplay balance concerns with offering an extended view, though I would argue that this could be said of many different settings (ie: Higher Frame Rate) and that the advantage isn't that massive or relevant. One thing to remember is that as per the Steam Hardware Survey there are more people who play at UltraWide Aspect Ratios than users who play at 4K resolution

That being said if for some reason you are still adamant to not include full support for Aspect Ratios above 16:9, at least allow us to make use of the black space by docking the UI to those corners and potentially even filling it in with optional Artwork or some such

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 8:07:03 PM

I like Fawz's suggestion. I don't think being ultrawide is all that much of an advantage. But if the devs don't want ultrawide display of the game, then putting the map on one side and inventory on the other would be a nice way to fill that space.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 8, 2022, 3:41:21 PM

+1 

Was somewhat disappointed to find out it wasn't supported. While support isn't the best among games for ultrawide, usually PC focused games tend to support it these days.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 13, 2022, 11:24:43 AM

Endless Legend has excellent 32:9 support. Please also consider implementing it on Endless Dungeon. 

With more people working from home since the Big C, ultrawide resolutions are likely increasing in popularity.  

I use a 32:9 monitor as it's great with Excel spreadsheets, but it's not so great with games limited to 16:9. :(

Still an amazing game though, thank you for your efforts so far.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment