Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

First Thoughts

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 8:11:55 PM

From what ive played so far ive had a lot of fun and am enjoying the feel of the whole game but i have a few criticisms.

1. Performance is terrible. Lag spikes when I open doors, while waves spawn, using abilities and really long loading times. This is probably due to me playing on hardware below the recommended specs. Lower quality options would be a possible solution.

2. The settings menus is unintuitive. While using a controller (which seems to be the recommended means of play) It feels odd to navigate because its trying to keep the currently selected setting at the top which feels really weird and is inconsistent when there are some pages without a scroll wheel of settings. Also tabbing over to another page on controller isnt intuitive. It took me a good minute to figure out it is bound to the triggers. Most games have it bound to bumpers or moving the stick to the side. Changing the control or adding text to the bottom would fix this issue.

3. Turret placements are sometimes really close to intractables like the hero upgrade stations. It makes it difficult sometimes to interact with the right thing. The merchant also has a similar problem.

4. The generators spawn so spread out that its almost impossible to defend all of them and you are expected to take losses. I took industry on every one and still didnt have enough turrets to defend each one.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 9:50:11 AM

Regarding the performance, apart that your personal case of hardware, I need to point out that is an OpenDev so the performance will improve.
Noted about the setting and navigation.
For the last point, my personal opinion, is that with more hors of playing you improve on the how to defend almost any generator.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment