Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The timing of the video thanking me for playing and asking me to fill out the survey is a little off

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 10:27:34 PM

So I just got access unlocked and I beat the first floor (is moving the bot to the first new location considered the first floor?) for the first time with the mouse and keyboard.  I then figured out why my xbox controller wasn't working and started a new game with that - and got the little crystal bot killed with just a second to re-installing at the first move.  Instead of the normal game over > restart and try again the game closed and I got some video of someone thanking me for being part of the OpenDev and ask me to take the survey and the link popped to take it.  Was this all we were going to see?  Did this end early?  OK I'll fill it out since you asked nicely.

Turns out it was a premature survey after all and I wasn't locked out. I can still play much further into the game that what I had seen up to that point.

Of course the means that survey turned out to be overly negative cause I missed more content than I saw. Questions turret diversity?  well only had 3 so... not good at all.  hero skills?  not useful or needed yet.   Upgrades?  Never was able to.  What about the damage types?  Not really a thing in my game cause I only saw 2 new weapons.  There are robots to fight?  where where they? And of course now that I've gone back in I've realized that there's a lot more I can play before this is done.... so I haven't really finished the entire thing 2x yet like I said... oops?

So hopefully there's a way to update my responses later but you did end my game and put up the link to the survey.  Thought folks should know.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 10:44:33 PM

You're supposed to get the survey each time you finish. You should be able to answer the survey again by going to the feedback form from the main menu. You can fill it out as many times as you'd like, and change your answers as you play more.

Right now there are two levels (Devotion Gardens and Procedural Factory) which each have two halves, so you need to unlock a door with the crystal bot to get to part two.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 10:01:11 AM

Agree that perhaps the timing there was not perfect but still interesting to get because there are "2 types of feedback" to me, one that is your first hands-on/1 run to get your initial thoughts (important in some areas) and then your final thoughts after playing several hours.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 12:21:40 PM

On the subject of feedback: it's funny that it asks you a lot of questions like what types of games have you played before (roguelike, tower defense, etc) but it doesn't ask you if you've played Dungeon of the Endless.

I would imagine that you'd want to separate out feedback from people who've played the original vs those who haven't, for two reasons:

1. DotE players like myself (admittedly) mayyyy have a bit of change aversion going on. While I think it's important that our voices are heard, it would be good to understand which feedback is a knee-jerk "they changed it" reaction, versus what is the reaction of a genuinely new player.
  2. DotE players will have a pretty good grasp of many of the mechanics of the game, which new players wouldn't, so it would be interesting to see where the confusion points are from people who've never played the predecessor.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment