Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Turret Priority Targeting Options

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 9:31:12 PM

Concept:

The ability to set turrets to have priority targeting against specific units or under certain conditions. 

Breakdown:

Be able to set targets for the units. Potentially in different stages of complexity which could expand on existing game functions such as Wit on operators or turret level. Options for the lower tiers could include: 

"Weakest" - Lowest health/defences.
"Strongest" - Most health/defences.

"Fastest"

"Slowest"

"Closest"

"Furthest"

Options for more advances targeting priorities:
"Weakest to element."
"Elite" - Focuses on the highest tier of unit, regardless of whether it's the one with the most health or stats, like the spawner bug.

"Enemy focus (crystal focus/defence focus/hero focus)"

"Closest to crystal."

I love the idea of being able to set this with an operator based on their Wit. Perhaps medium Wit would be able to set targeting priority when interacting with the turrets by holding F for longer to open a menu for targeting options. At higher levels of Wit, they would be given additional, more advanced options. 

Alternatively, the option to be able to set the priorities depending on the level of the turret. Level 1, none. Level 2, basic options. Level 3, advanced options. 

I think it would add a much more flavourful and involved experience for operator-based heroes in the game and especially for multiplayer, where I know well from the first game that if I were the operator of a four-player team, I would be sitting back watching and just powering rooms as a spectator. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 9:46:45 PM

I think this is a pretty cool idea, and adds more depth to a turret-buffing hero than simply "does more damage".

Alternatively, this could be a really cool ability to give to a hero who specializes in turrets.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment