Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Opendev afterthoughts

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 13, 2022, 8:16:54 AM

I got about 3 games in, wish the opendev was longer! I didn't get to fill out the form in game as I missed the timeframe I guess, so here are my thoughts. 

This game felt like dungeon of the endless in a way, especially with the difficulty, but it was somewhat easier as there were less components of gameplay that I ran into (at least on the first two levels I was able to reach). 

I liked that your characters and turrets pretty much leveled up on their own, that was different, but I feel as though with the wave system it might be exploited if you set up turrets right and just camp out for a couple extra waves if viable. Speaking of the wave system, I think the countdown should be removed. Not sure of the point of that there. DOTE was unforgiving, and I think wave timers go against the spirit of the game. If you're trying to make the game more accessible to new players, I totally get that. 

I didn't get to try the multiplayer, but it seemed like the player AI was mostly useless. It decided when to follow and when not to, which didn't make much sense. 

The science point spending was interesting, I don't think I got far enough in to speak to this but I liked the concept.

The skill upgrade system with food was well put together. 

Maybe I missed it, but is stuff from the merchant free? I don't recall spending anything to pick up his items.

Thanks!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment