Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Borderline game breaking bug with research machines and opening doors

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 11:53:25 AM

Description: When opening a door and then immediately interacting with a research machine the research window pops up over and over which results in extreme frame loss, inability to call your second hero, inability to open any other menu including crystal upgrades and even the ESC menu, and also causes the research window to occasionally flash around the screen.

Attachments:

https://imgur.com/a/TGz1wO6
These are two short videos demonstrating the bug. I wasn't able to clip the bug later on, but the bug persisted and when I tried to move the crystal to a new slot the research menu would flash around the crystal as well, as though trying to attach itself to an object with an interactable menu. As well as when I tried to get Bunker to follow me to defend the crystal, she was unresponsive because the wheel didn't not have the cursor which lets you select her.

Steps to reproduce:
Step 1: Find a door and research machine close enough together to be quickly interacted with one after another.
Step 2: Open the door and then open the research machine right after.
This causes the menu to open infinitely. It will gradually get worse, but I believe that leaving the room, opening more doors, and calling the crystal away will cause it to do a variety of new effects.

Expected Behavior:

When you open a door and then open a research menu it should act as normal.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 5:24:25 PM

Please include your player log and diagnostic files.

Diagnostic files: These files need to be compressed as a zip or rar file or the upload will fail! Located by default in: \Users\[username]\Documents\TED\Temporary Files 

Player.Log: These can be found in: Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\AMPLITUDE Studios\TED This folder is hidden by default. You will need to reveal hidden folders (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment