Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Game does not launch

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Sep 7, 2022, 6:07:56 PM

Endless Legend recently started crashing at the logo screen (no error message, the game would just close). I've tried EVERYTHING in every thread I've read numerous times. Nothing is working. Are there any new solutions I could try?

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 13, 2023, 1:46:45 PM
MaddMyke wrote:

Hello everyone! Although this thread is very old, I recently reinstalled Endless Legend via Steam and ran into the same issue (i.e., game crashing after the EL logo - no error message, etc.). Nothing I found online helped (e.g., running in Compatibility Mode, ensuring the folders were writable, etc. etc.). However, one thing I found did work, so I thought I'd post it here in case any others are still struggling with this.

1. Type env in the Windows Search bar and hit ENTER.
  2. A best match result should come up at the top, called Edit the system environment variables. Click on that.
  3. A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables.
  4. The Environment Variables pop-up will appear. At the bottom, click on the New... button.
  5. The New System Variable pop-up will appear.
    • For the Variable name, type OPENSSL_ia32cap
    • For the Variable value, type :~0x20000000
    • Click OK to add the new variable.
    • Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).
Endless Legend should now launch without crashing.

this worked for me.Thank you stranger for your wisdom

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 25, 2023, 3:41:00 AM

Registered just to say this worked for me. Running on Windows 11. TYVM!

MaddMyke wrote:

Hello everyone! Although this thread is very old, I recently reinstalled Endless Legend via Steam and ran into the same issue (i.e., game crashing after the EL logo - no error message, etc.). Nothing I found online helped (e.g., running in Compatibility Mode, ensuring the folders were writable, etc. etc.). However, one thing I found did work, so I thought I'd post it here in case any others are still struggling with this.

1. Type env in the Windows Search bar and hit ENTER.
  2. A best match result should come up at the top, called Edit the system environment variables. Click on that.
  3. A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables.
  4. The Environment Variables pop-up will appear. At the bottom, click on the New... button.
  5. The New System Variable pop-up will appear.
    • For the Variable name, type OPENSSL_ia32cap
    • For the Variable value, type :~0x20000000
    • Click OK to add the new variable.
    • Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).
Endless Legend should now launch without crashing.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message