Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 26, 2016, 2:04:08 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

And the finalists are:

- Temple of Gaia

- The curse and the blessing of individuality

- Everything ends with fire

Congratulations to them, and thanks to all participants! :)

That was a blast reading all the submissions. There were so many baller creative ideas out there. I hope they make it into the game and lore one way or another. Thanks for all the support thus far, and best of luck in this final round!  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 26, 2016, 2:00:56 PM

And the finalists are:

- Temple of Gaia

- The curse and the blessing of individuality

- Everything ends with fire

Congratulations to them, and thanks to all participants! :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 21, 2016, 9:59:57 AM

At this stage, it is not possible to edit your first post anymore.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 21, 2016, 7:25:36 AM
Are we still allowed to make our one post update? I don't intend to change any of the elements of the story but I'd like to rework the presentation if that's possible.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 19, 2016, 9:31:24 PM
carolean7 wrote:

Hey Good Sir Squadron of Frogs, at the top of the forum page you say voting closes on September 26th. I assume you mean October 26th? Or do we really have 11 months to vote!?

October 26th, indeed.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 19, 2016, 9:05:47 PM

Best of luck to all the entrants! There are truly some unique and interesting stories out there. I'm always glad to face such tough competition :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 19, 2016, 7:22:42 PM

The vote has started!  Good luck to all contestants!

I've got a lot of catching up to do; I was away for the past week or so and couldn't actively read submissions, I wonder how many new ones there are now or if mine is still remembered by anyone haha.

Either way, this has been the most enjoyable part of the contest for me so far. All I've seen was constructive criticism, it's really fun to compete in such environment!

carolean7 wrote:

Hey Good Sir Squadron of Frogs, at the top of the forum page you say voting closes on September 26th. I assume you mean October 26th? Or do we really have 11 months to vote!?

That would be interesting xD

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 19, 2016, 4:38:57 PM

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 10:59:13 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

In the interest of fairness, I would recommend you keep the full-length version until after the vote concludes to select finalists. If the full version is readily available, then there might as well not be any size limit. 

And just to reiterate, this is part of the challenge of the contest: what can you do with the limitations, as opposed to how tall a tale can you spin.

A fair point! Actually, while I was shortening the tale I revised so many details that now I like the new version more than the original

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 7:24:04 AM
sarin555 wrote:

2 : Does Unfallen shared conscious like the hivemind or like the Geth from ME where all are seperate individual just able to gather and shared their knowledge?

Geth don't have shared consciousness. They don't share thoughts, only knowledge - and only if are connected to each other.

Upd.: how it even possible to have political parties, senate and so on if all Unfallen are only "limbs" for one huge consciousness? I can find explanation only for different mood of planets.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 15, 2016, 3:16:04 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:
Sotnik wrote:

Could you please specify if the rules are already applied to the stories published in this sub-form? 

May submitters add any comment/explanation in the main post or as a first reply to it (or anyhow)? Especially if that makes word number of the story+addendum exceed 500 word limit.

Is posting a story in the sub-forum ("create proposition") considered as participation or is there a separate "submit" button somewhere? As far as I know it is necessary to provide personal data, but I don't see where. 

And I would like to explain my vision to people asking about references to other races: you may not specify names because for example the Cravers might be non-existent in a specific playthrough. A story should fit any play.

Stories published in this forum haven't been vetted yet.

You may add comments and explanations to your story if you so wish, either as a first reply or in the main body of your first post. As long as what you do add isn't part of the story itself, it's fine. 

Posting a story in this section does constitute your participation. Disregard the "personal data" part of the official contest rules.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that's very helpful! I am finishing a story, but unforunately there will be 1000+ words. I will submit a short version for the contest, but please confirm either it is legal or not legal to publish a full version or a link to it anywhere in the forum. If it is legal what would be the best way?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 15, 2016, 8:13:07 AM
Sotnik wrote:

Could you please specify if the rules are already applied to the stories published in this sub-form? 

May submitters add any comment/explanation in the main post or as a first reply to it (or anyhow)? Especially if that makes word number of the story+addendum exceed 500 word limit.

Is posting a story in the sub-forum ("create proposition") considered as participation or is there a separate "submit" button somewhere? As far as I know it is necessary to provide personal data, but I don't see where. 

And I would like to explain my vision to people asking about references to other races: you may not specify names because for example the Cravers might be non-existent in a specific playthrough. A story should fit any play.

Stories published in this forum haven't been vetted yet.

You may add comments and explanations to your story if you so wish, either as a first reply or in the main body of your first post. As long as what you do add isn't part of the story itself, it's fine. 

Posting a story in this section does constitute your participation. Disregard the "personal data" part of the official contest rules.

Hope this helps.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 14, 2016, 8:43:46 PM

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 14, 2016, 2:42:33 PM
uriak wrote:

Mmm, I'm tempted but there is the risk of encroaching on something similar to another submission, at the same time I don't wanna read them beforehand to keep away from any influence.

Frogsquadron wrote:

So write your own thing, then read to see if there's something similar already, so you don't get influenced.

I agree with Frogsquadron. Just write your own piece. And then, if you want, read other people's pieces. You still have time to submit and following changes. Encroachment displays a sign that someone else has a similar thought; it's plagiarism you want to stay away from.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 14, 2016, 2:02:28 PM

So write your own thing, then read to see if there's something similar already, so you don't get influenced.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 14, 2016, 8:16:57 AM

Mmm, I'm tempted but there is the risk of encroaching on something similar to another submission, at the same time I don't wanna read them beforehand to keep away from any influence.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 8:16:46 AM

Could you be slightly more specific? 

If it's something along the lines of "The Unfallen Farseer foresaw a great conflict with a race of mindless warriors" or suchlike, I don't think that would be much of a problem.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 5:00:28 AM

I am just curious about how free we are to delve into this aspect of the description. Can we use wording that may encompass interactions in the past or future (prophecy) with existing races, but does not explicitly (such as referring to unidentified trials in an personifying manner), or must we only use fabricated races beyond the Unfallen and the Endless with specific identification?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 5, 2016, 7:03:39 PM

Yay! Been waiting for this part, on account of me not being able to draw to save my life. I much approve of the changes to the contest format. Well done Amplicrew! And I hope this final round of voting and discussion goes as smoothly as the last.  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 8:41:42 AM
PANCZASU wrote:
sarin555 wrote:

2 : Does Unfallen shared conscious like the hivemind or like the Geth from ME where all are seperate individual just able to gather and shared their knowledge?

I'm pretty sure it's up to you as a writer to clarify. In my submission I presented the Unfallen as species that originally didn't know the concept of "I" but was somewhere between a hive-mind, and the Zerg swarm (in terms of perspective and level of individuality).

I've seen other submission take completely different approach though and I don't think there are any which share the exact same idea for the Unfallen conciousness. Which imo is a good thing, we need diversity in a competition like this

Yeah I'm quite fascinated by their consciousness and am really enjoying all the different ideas flying around. As they're a pacifist race and their main goal seems to be "unification" it would make sense for them to be very connected to one another.

I like the idea that they enjoy sharing emotions and experiences kind of telepathically via their roots, which would explain why they would prefer the galaxy to interact with one another peacefully. But in my opinion if that were the case they would still be very individual as opposed to hive-mind, just a society of individuals with far less internal conflict than most species as they are all "linked".

I haven't posted my submission yet so I won't spoil how to get around the lack of physical connection via roots in space between ships and planets, but I'm really enjoying all these submissions and different takes on their society so keep em coming!

0Send private message
Comment