Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galactic Civilizations III Announced

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Oct 16, 2013, 5:03:10 PM
Divine_Moments_of_Truth wrote:
Another GalCiv sounds nice but recently StarDock wan't very trustworthy.

Sad but true.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 16, 2013, 1:38:40 PM
I won't buy it for 1-2 years after release. I like StarDock, but Elemental left a bad taste in my mouth. I refuse to be a paying alpha/beta tester.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 15, 2013, 10:42:06 PM
It was always the space combat that bugged me with that game, as I played as the race that could always shoot first and then spaced on enough guns to burn enemy fleets with a single alpha strike.

It just felt kinda cheap once I learned how to glass cannon.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 15, 2013, 6:46:35 PM
I liked Galciv 2 a lot because of it's very good non-cheating AI and just recently started playing it again.

But I've mixed feelings towards stardock. "Dark Avatar" was great but "Twillight of the Arnor" brought in so many bugs within the race-specific tech-trees that never were sorted out, so that I gave up on playing it out of annoyance.

Also Fallen Enchantress, which is kinda like the EL of GC took some time to become a well balanced game with good AI. Currently with the 1.4 beta-patch it's great fun to play but it now crashes quite often for me.

What I really hope is that they get rid of that annoying spending-allocation-system in GC 3. I always felt like wasting potention with that. But I feel I won't be able to stop me from getting it anyways.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment