Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

X: Rebirth anyone?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Nov 13, 2013, 3:59:33 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
TBH 16 gig should be more than enough. I'm running 8 and I should be able to play with no problems. Bugs don't count smiley: wink

And I know its probably going to be buggy as hell but meh, I want to play it! I haven't played X3 in months purely because I didn't want to be bored of it before Rebirth!

If all you are doing is gaming, 16 is more than enough, and will be enough for a while to come.

But I don't just game on my PC smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 1:42:00 PM
I'll wait for the first few patches to land - Besides my budget is drained from re-subbing to WoW smiley: sweat
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 2:04:03 PM
Mansen wrote:
I'll wait for the first few patches to land - Besides my budget is drained from re-subbing to WoW smiley: sweat

My budget has been drained by starting to collect Magic the Gathering cards, fortunately I pre-ordered before then smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 2:50:46 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Hooray for my wise decision to get 16GB RAM lol

But it's true, the reqs. are getting a bit out of hand smiley: biggrin

(still no prob for me, but for some others...)

never fear. They will only continue to rise until both of our 16gb systems get swamped lol looking at upgrading to 32gb smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 4:46:47 PM
Does having a 32gb in a server count? the Video card has 16mb of Video RAM though.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 6:01:34 PM
DarkMeph wrote:
Does having a 32gb in a server count? the Video card has 16mb of Video RAM though.

DarkMeph

enjoy your 4 pixxels lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 9:47:38 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
looking at upgrading to 32gb smiley: stickouttongue

Looking to up grade to (at least) 4 lol. Now I know how badly I need to upgrade smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 10:29:43 PM
I keep telling my Boss that I am going to convert into a games server. Multiplayer solitaire anyone?

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 11:05:25 PM
Lol, I find 32Gb works allot better with and Nvidia GTX 6* series. But hey, thats just me smiley: stickouttongue

And im up for a game of solitaire. will that be before our after the Pong match up?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 11:32:58 PM
Remember guys, if you're using Windows with more than 16GB of RAM you need professional smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 11:42:19 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
Remember guys, if you're using Windows with more than 16GB of RAM you need professional smiley: wink

Yes, my 16gigs work fine with Home prof.

I guess I'll wait a few days and buy after some guys tested it for me smiley: wink Or at Xmas.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 13, 2013, 12:17:15 AM
TBH 16 gig should be more than enough. I'm running 8 and I should be able to play with no problems. Bugs don't count smiley: wink

And I know its probably going to be buggy as hell but meh, I want to play it! I haven't played X3 in months purely because I didn't want to be bored of it before Rebirth!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 13, 2013, 12:03:37 PM
I do that with games then I come back later and most of the time start again because I cannot remember the controls and make following the storyline a bit easier as I am not spending 40 minutes trying to find something. (If it is an RPG of course)I hope they did not do what Obisidian did with NWN2 when they did a nice patch/upgrade. That made it nice shiny update the graphics and other stuff. I thought great and then I found I needed a better, Processor, Graphics card and RAM just to play this patch.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 1:10:42 PM
Well the X games have always pushed the hardware of computers at the time of release. I mean the previous game can still push my hardware but that's because its 32bit so runs out of ram after I add about 1000 or more ships into the game after a few days of gameplay.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 11:00:29 AM
Okay guys - bad and good news:

The bad ones: according to the Steam discussions, the game is having a lot of issues, e.g.: low frame rates on high-end, buggy missions, missing voices, etc - but the DEVs are already aware and fixing.

The good ones: The DEVs are aware and on it - and there's a chance that you'll have no issues, like 10k players ingame now.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 5:37:27 PM
Wouldn't bother with the game yet, I crashed to desktop after like 5 mins in game. It is great fun but unfortunately there are a HUGE amount of bugs.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 7:32:04 PM
Saw a quick video from the start of the game - Disappointed that they still haven't managed to outgrow bad animations, lip sync and sub par voice work. Especially since they've put so much focus on getting the player out of the ship. smiley: alder
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 8:25:19 PM
Mansen wrote:
Saw a quick video from the start of the game - Disappointed that they still haven't managed to outgrow bad animations, lip sync and sub par voice work. Especially since they've put so much focus on getting the player out of the ship. smiley: alder

You think that's bad? One thing they went on and on about was streamlined menus compared to the last game.. Well they have succeeded in only making the menu system less intuitive than it was before... At least before all the menus made sense and linked together in a useful way without lag...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 17, 2013, 9:34:25 AM
Got to try it just now at a friends place and I don't like it - I really don't like it.

Got as far as returning to my freighter ship before I ragequit - There's imply too many odd design decisions for me to want to play it. The highways and the lack of a traditional map completely confuses me as to where I am, compared to X3 - If it wasn't for the constant "Jump on this highway, and then this highway" I might as well be drifting in some asteroid field in no mans land. The game makes no attempt to explain the route or where I am in the greater scheme of things. Combat also feels horrible in the skunk - Those two initial drops almost got the drop on me. smiley: confused

Naw - I'll stick with Albion Prelude for now and look back into Rebirth in a few months. Maybe then they will have ironed out the worst crashes and changed a few things around. (Not to mention maybe make it possible to get 60FPS on a high end machine...)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment