Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment??

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 21, 2014, 10:38:10 AM
Depends what difficulty you play on. It should be normal, but this XCOM (unless you are playing Long War) has a lot of "tactics" apparently that you can game the system. A friend described it like this: have all your characters walk single file, so that no soldier opens up part of the map that hasn't already been opened by the first, and you'll never lose.

Also remember the AI cheats like hell and shoots through solid walls and ceilings.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 21, 2014, 10:59:18 AM
As much as I like the pacing changes that Firaxis made to X-Com, I still prefer the old-school variants it. I've played more Xenonauts than "new" X-Com.

FiraxisCom just lacks depth and tactical depth - I also despise the fact that aliens get to spawn everywhere and get a free movement phase whenever you spot them. It doesn't work well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 21, 2014, 1:03:08 PM
That is what I loath about the game: aliens behave like genestealer blips in Space Hulk. It works for Space Hulk where the whole game is based around that mechanic, but it doesn't work for games that want to be called small unit tactics games. It robs the game of a lot of depth and ambushing fun.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 22, 2014, 1:23:01 PM
melkathi wrote:
That is what I loath about the game: aliens behave like genestealer blips in Space Hulk. It works for Space Hulk where the whole game is based around that mechanic, but it doesn't work for games that want to be called small unit tactics games. It robs the game of a lot of depth and ambushing fun.

Absolutely true - and I'm still running around in StarCitizen and look in awe at my Constellation Andromeda lol
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 22, 2014, 5:34:25 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Absolutely true - and I'm still running around in StarCitizen and look in awe at my Constellation Andromeda lol

I keep forgetting my Star Citizen password. So every time I try to look at my ship, I need to reset that first :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 22, 2014, 6:17:05 PM
melkathi wrote:
The long war mod addresses that I believe.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 22, 2014, 8:26:33 PM
Nasarog wrote:
The long war mod addresses that I believe.

It deffinitly makes it less of an issue, but I think they weren't able to address it completly. All in all, I think Long War is a great improvement over the base game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 22, 2014, 8:43:50 PM
melkathi wrote:
It deffinitly makes it less of an issue, but I think they weren't able to address it completly. All in all, I think Long War is a great improvement over the base game.
Agreed. It takes a lot of the opportunities to game the system. I like all the extra classes and how fatigue works, but damn, a single game takes forever. I don't think I've finished one yet. I want more flags and localizations for the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 22, 2014, 10:03:19 PM
Still waiting for a mod that adds Cravers to XCOM. Let's see those silly aliens try to take over any planet with the swarm fleets after them smiley: twisted
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 23, 2014, 6:14:31 PM
Speaking of XCOM and CIV:BE (.....) we are running a promo on our site and in our gaming group for a few free copies... spread the word.

I'm waiting to hear back from the Amplitude guys, because I do not want to step on anyone's toes.. but if they give me the green light, I'll make a post out of it on the main forum..
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 1:51:52 PM
Destiny (PS4), Warriors Orochi Ultimate (PS4), Legend of Grimrock 2, Endless Legend, Guild Wars 2... Yeah, I'm a game hopper.

Also a little game called "Stockpile full Steam Trading Card sets in anticipation of the Winter Sale". I think I've logged more hours on this than any other game in the past week oO'
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 1:55:46 PM
Azure_Fang wrote:
Destiny (PS4), Warriors Orochi Ultimate (PS4), Legend of Grimrock 2, Endless Legend, Guild Wars 2... Yeah, I'm a game hopper.

Also a little game called "Stockpile full Steam Trading Card sets in anticipation of the Winter Sale". I think I've logged more hours on this than any other game in the past week oO'

Dragon Age:Inquisition? I know it's not out, but it's my other pre-buy for the year besides EL and DotE.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 3:30:42 PM
Azure_Fang wrote:

Yup, playing that as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 4:27:30 PM
melkathi wrote:
Yup, playing that as well.
What's that about?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 4:32:13 PM
About 2 weeks before the winter sale starts, completing badges will most likely (going by previous sales) give a Winter Sale card instead of the usual coupon. Those may sell well and crafting those badges may be cool for some people too smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 4:49:51 PM
melkathi wrote:
About 2 weeks before the winter sale starts, completing badges will most likely (going by previous sales) give a Winter Sale card instead of the usual coupon. Those may sell well and crafting those badges may be cool for some people too smiley: smile
Oh, alright... I might check it out..
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 24, 2014, 8:53:00 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Dragon Age:Inquisition? I know it's not out, but it's my other pre-buy for the year besides EL and DotE.

Im waiting so much from this game... I really hope it will be able to be compared to the great Dragon Age Origins...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 25, 2014, 12:21:05 AM
Kingsguard wrote:
Im waiting so much from this game... I really hope it will be able to be compared to the great Dragon Age Origins...

I loved Origins, 2 was decent enough, but this one should be like one but better...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 25, 2014, 12:41:32 AM
So Beyond Earth came out - Turns out I was right on the money.

It does feel exactly like Civ V in space - Same gameplay, aliens are exactly like barbarians in practice (and just as easy to remove with no consequences) and the factions, AI personalities and decisions you make have no meaning, no depth.

Back to Alpha Centauri I go - Good thing I didn't pre-order it. Fool me once Firaxis. :P

(I'm sure a lot of people are enjoying the game - Fine by me. To each his own smiley: biggrin)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment