Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

ENFER AI debug tools

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Apr 21, 2017, 9:30:56 AM

A few questions :

- does AI use this module for Tactics selection (pre-battle & Tactic deckbuilding)

- does AI use this module for ship design ?

- in the future, will we be able to modify the AI or is it just a "read only" tool to know what the AI does, that won't have more purposes that to know how to debug xml scripts ?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 21, 2017, 10:29:39 AM
Kweel_Nakashyn wrote:

A few questions :

- does AI use this module for Tactics selection (pre-battle & Tactic deckbuilding)

- does AI use this module for ship design ?

Pre-battle tactics-selection is done via the decision graph, yes (more on said graph shortly). The deck and modules are chosen based on a bunch of metrics that are calculated in the analysis: basically each module and each play is good in a certain set situations and bad in others. So the AI first decides who their current primary enemy is and then figures out what set of situations (Lasers? Big ships? Shields?) they are up against in order to choose which modules and plays it should use. I don't have time at the moment to explain exactly how this works as it's a little arcane, but you can take a peek at the numbers being run in the situation debugger, in the analysis tab:

- in the future, will we be able to modify the AI or is it just a "read only" tool to know what the AI does, that won't have more purposes that to know how to debug xml scripts ?

As shown in the stream it is possible to write as well as to read in certain places. When JL and I make changes though we do so in code: unlike EL's, which had a lot of external XML data, ES2's AI is written entirely in C# with the only data coming from a synchronisation of the game state. We're not exactly sure at this point how AI modding will articulate, but as the AI is handled by it's own external DLL it's theoretical possible (though not really practicable at this point) to replace the DLL with your own. We still need to discuss exactly how modders would go about doing this in practice though.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 24, 2017, 3:41:30 PM

This is incredible! Although it's listed out separately from the modding side of things, I can see this level of detail being huge for doing up new races via mods. I know when I did new races back in ES1, they tended to be about as intelligent as bricks, and it was really hard to know why. This would've been a god send.

Great job with this!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 24, 2017, 5:08:58 PM

I wish my brain was fonctionnal, so I could use this. Unfortunaly i am too tired and i cant think about serious stuff more than 2mn.  

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 25, 2017, 12:36:58 PM

About better debug tools, I've decrypted some of its language. It is using a basic encryption just changing the letters and still communicating in English. It is reasonable as it was born in an English language environment, and those letters that have distinguished parallel lines, angles are quite mathematic in nature, easier to understand that Latin alphabet. So the messages so far are: "Hello Humans", "Assuming Command", "Deploying ENFER Protocols". Here is a photo of alphabet known to me so far.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 25, 2017, 4:16:11 PM

Just copy/paste to Word and the words translate automatically ;)
I expect it will work with open office also.

Works well for this site:
https://enfer.games2gether.com/
To get "CONSOLE OFFLINE"

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 25, 2017, 9:22:45 PM

Yup,

it works even with notepad. But I did translate it from spots on twitter, not copy/paste there ;)

And it was more immersive and entertaining this way :P

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 26, 2017, 7:47:10 PM

I feel like we're ruining a beautiful intelligence by being intentionally incorrect.

On the other hand, I find it hilarious.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 26, 2019, 12:34:57 AM

Sorry to necro, but since it's pinned I didn't think it would be an issue.

So, does this still work or was it scrapped after the "stunt" for the launch?

I've been trying to get into E.N.F.E.R. tool and see the choices being made and why by the AI and such.  I open the game, let it sit for about a minute and then try to access "localhost:4377" but it is always not found.

Help please!

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 26, 2019, 6:07:20 AM
Kuma wrote:

Are you running --enablemoddingtools in the game's launch options?

Aha!  I did not see that in the original post and missed it in the subsequent post!  Thanks!

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 27, 2020, 11:32:20 PM

This is a really nice tool. Is something similar available for Endless Legend? Or is there another way to turn off the AI in that game?

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment