Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is it really necessary to deny core cracker ships weapons?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Apr 5, 2018, 4:44:21 PM
MasterofMobius wrote:
YertyL wrote:

There's been a pretty similar discussion before: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/29366-planet-crackers?page=1

IMO planet crackers need to be able to do damage, possibly as an upgrade to the blast effect battery, to elevate the tech to "situational" from "RP purposes only".

Yeah the only reason I built one was for the Vodyani quest line that needed me to destroy 2 hot planets. (!!! craziest faction quest i've done yet, that wasnt even the last step!)

I just dont really understand the need to not let them use weapons, you already have to sacrifice a heavy weapon slot to fit the core cracker so its already lost firepower that seems like a cost enough.

Same for me -- unfortunately, currently the only reason to build planet crackers is to do the Vodyani faction quest, and the onyl reason to do  the Vodyani faction quest is to see how it ends. I still remember when I was at that point of the quest line, I had already won, and then was like "OK, it's turn 150, I've finally researched the tech and built the carrier and found some pointless planet to blow up. Wait, I have to wait five turns?? And then wait another five turns for the second planet??" I think in the end the reward is a building that gives you 10 influence on one planet or something...I felt a little trolled at that point :-D Only good side is that otherwise I would have never got to see the pretty cool animation.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 3, 2018, 9:16:13 AM
YertyL wrote:

There's been a pretty similar discussion before: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/29366-planet-crackers?page=1

IMO planet crackers need to be able to do damage, possibly as an upgrade to the blast effect battery, to elevate the tech to "situational" from "RP purposes only".

Yeah the only reason I built one was for the Vodyani quest line that needed me to destroy 2 hot planets. (!!! craziest faction quest i've done yet, that wasnt even the last step!)

I just dont really understand the need to not let them use weapons, you already have to sacrifice a heavy weapon slot to fit the core cracker so its already lost firepower that seems like a cost enough.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment