Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[SOLVED] Game Forever loading on Startup

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 12, 2017, 3:11:03 PM

Well, I tried it before, but I redid it just in case ; sadly, no results. My computer seems to be working fine for other games, so I don't know if the problem is in the game files or in my computer .

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 11, 2017, 4:11:11 PM

Could we get a full DXDiag so as to see the drivers, etc., installed on your machine?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 17, 2017, 4:29:25 PM
HadvarRastapop wrote:
satoru wrote:
HadvarRastapop wrote:

Well, I tried it before, but I redid it just in case ; sadly, no results. My computer seems to be working fine for other games, so I don't know if the problem is in the game files or in my computer .

I'd do a clean uninstall/reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers. Then re-do the steps outline in forcing the game to use your Nvidia card and see if that helps

I did just that, the game's still stuck on the loading screen.
Now I have no idea what to do, I'll just wait for someone to drop by with another tip.

Reverify your game cache and then run steam as an admin

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 11, 2017, 12:19:25 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Both of you seem to have an issue with Mono from your output log.

I'd start with a reinstall of the DotNet redistributable: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet

I tried that, the problem's still here, though I noticed something during the reinstallation : I get a ".NET framework 4.5 and this update are already installed on your computer" sort of message.

I checked, and it seems like windows 10 has the 4.7 version pre-installed, and you can't install an older version if a more recent one is installed on your computer.

Could this be the origin of the problem ?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 11, 2017, 9:55:12 AM

Both of you seem to have an issue with Mono from your output log.

I'd start with a reinstall of the DotNet redistributable: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 9, 2017, 12:06:36 PM

Thanks for the advice !

Sadly, it didn't work out for me, I followed the same steps as you without any results (checking game cache (no files missing), run as an administrator, run in win7 compatibility, reinstall game and deactivating steam overlay).

I'll just wait and see, I guess.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 9, 2017, 1:44:13 AM

Hey! I don't know if what I did fixed it, or if the game just magically righted itself, but it's working now! Here's what I did:

Verified the game files (one file missing, installed it, still didn't work)

Turned on "Run as Administrator" (still didn't work).

Turned on Windows 7 Compatibility (still didn't work).

Did a fresh reinstall (still didn't work)

Turned off the steam overlay. Worked like a charm.

So um, I recommend giving that a shot. For me, the bar would always fill, the music would play, and the mouse would appear, but no menu. I realized this was the point when the usual popup for the steam overlay would appear. Maybe the devs can look into this?

Anyways, here's hoping it works for you.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2017, 5:19:54 PM

Same problem here, actually. I'll add system specs for mine if requested. Kind of ridiculous at this point. First version worked fine, Update 2 made it so I couldn't start a game from the menu, and Update 3 has removed the ability to even see the menu. Starting to think the full game is going to only let me see the opening logos. XD

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 1:54:52 PM

Hi again,

I have tested to load your diagnostics file, twice, and it is simply too big to run properly in my web browser. I need to open it in the web browser to have the proper text formatting stuff. I suspect you let the game run a long time while it was hanging.

Can you make a shorter try, to have a small Diagnostics file?

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 1:24:21 PM
AmpliMath wrote:
HadvarRastapop wrote:

I have tried verifying the game files integrity, have tried reinstalling the game, and set the Quality Level of the registry.xml file to <Good>, but nothing solved the problem. I couldn't download the safe registry file on this other topic, but I don't think much would have changed anyway (since the problem  appeared with the full release, and my issue was already here during  early access).

I have found a freetype6.dll file in the  Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\Plugins  folder, maybe the game can't read the file for some reason ? All of the  game files have "read only" deactivated, so this probably isn't the  problem.

Hey HadvarRastapop,

I will also need your Diagnostics file from the Documents/Endless Space 2/Temporary folder. 

Thanks

Here is the most recent diagnostic file :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d3gpfgkz5gxk1r/Diagnostics%20-%202017%2705%2721%20%401413%2725%27%27.html?dl=0 (I had to upload it on dropbox since the file is just too large to be uploaded, even as a .zip)

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:18:09 AM
HadvarRastapop wrote:

I have tried verifying the game files integrity, have tried reinstalling the game, and set the Quality Level of the registry.xml file to <Good>, but nothing solved the problem. I couldn't download the safe registry file on this other topic, but I don't think much would have changed anyway (since the problem appeared with the full release, and my issue was already here during early access).

I have found a freetype6.dll file in the Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\Plugins folder, maybe the game can't read the file for some reason ? All of the game files have "read only" deactivated, so this probably isn't the problem.

Hey HadvarRastapop,

I will also need your Diagnostics file from the Documents/Endless Space 2/Temporary folder. 

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 9:05:19 PM

I noticed you have a Mobility chipset. Are you forcing the Nvidia card via the Nvidia Control Panel?

If so you should reset that and create it new just to be sure

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 8:43:17 PM

I have tried verifying the game files integrity, have tried reinstalling the game, and set the Quality Level of the registry.xml file to <Good>, but nothing solved the problem. I couldn't download the safe registry file on this other topic, but I don't think much would have changed anyway (since the problem appeared with the full release, and my issue was already here during early access).

I have found a freetype6.dll file in the Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\Plugins folder, maybe the game can't read the file for some reason ? All of the game files have "read only" deactivated, so this probably isn't the problem.

0Send private message
Comment