Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[SOLVED] Game Forever loading on Startup

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 14, 2017, 7:58:24 PM

Hi to all,

It seems the latest update didn't solve the problem I experience. I'll try installing the game to another computer and see if it works then.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 9:14:42 PM
satoru wrote:

Are you 100% sure

1) your OS is totally and fully up to date and patched? Please check that it is and that it's actulaly installing the patches. I've seen corrupted installs where the patches 'say' they are running but never actually get installed

2) Have you run BOTH vcredist x86 and x64 under steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010

Repair both, and reboot

Well, Windows Update tells me my system is up-to-date, but I have no way to verify if that is not true; could you point how to reliably check this information out ? Thanks in advance.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 5:03:26 PM

Are you 100% sure

1) your OS is totally and fully up to date and patched? Please check that it is and that it's actulaly installing the patches. I've seen corrupted installs where the patches 'say' they are running but never actually get installed

2) Have you run BOTH vcredist x86 and x64 under steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010

Repair both, and reboot

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 12:29:08 PM
satoru wrote:

Add the --diagnostics launch paramemter to the game

Then can you re-upload your output_log.txt and diagnostics.html file

Just did this, here are the files :

output_log.zip

Diagnostics - 2017'06'21 @1409'04''.zip

Frogsquadron wrote:
Can you try to run in GPU emulation  mode? Right click on Endless Space 2 in your library, select properties.  In the General tab, click on Set Launch Options, and input "dx10". This  will run the advanced rendering stuff on your CPU, which could actually  give you better performance .

This might apply because of your 950M video card, which means there's a strong chance some Intel HD chipset is involved somewhere. It's worth a shot anyway.

Just tried this, the loading was a little faster but still froze when it was 100% completed. Here are the files:

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2017'06'21 @1417'09''.zip

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 11:03:40 AM
Can you try to run in GPU emulation  mode? Right click on Endless Space 2 in your library, select properties.  In the General tab, click on Set Launch Options, and input "dx10". This  will run the advanced rendering stuff on your CPU, which could actually  give you better performance .

This might apply because of your 950M video card, which means there's a strong chance some Intel HD chipset is involved somewhere. It's worth a shot anyway.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 2:37:16 AM

Add the --diagnostics launch paramemter to the game

Then can you re-upload your output_log.txt and diagnostics.html file

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 20, 2017, 7:48:20 PM

Okay, so I updated windows (I'm rather sure the latest version has been installed, is windows 10.0, version 15063 the right one ?). Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the vcredist, and then restarted my computer, but the situation still didn't improve.

Do you have any other ideas ? I still hope there's a way for my computer to run this game.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 15, 2017, 1:44:01 AM
HadvarRastapop wrote:

Hi to all,

It seems the latest update didn't solve the problem I experience. I'll try installing the game to another computer and see if it works then.

I think the issues are two fold

1) Run a full windows update on your system. Please actually confirm the last time a windows update actually ran and updated. I've seen some installs people 'think' windows update is runnign but its actually failing

2) once your system is fully installed you need to reinstall vcredist. The freetypedll error is due to vcredist nto being installed properly

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 7:47:45 PM

Well, none of it worked so far, despite all of my efforts, the end of the loading screen seems to be an impenetrable wall for my computer.

All I can do is to hope someone finds a fix or an update solves the problem (1.0.5 didn't, sadly).

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 2:47:29 PM

Update: I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and remove any registry entries and stray files.  Then I manually scoured the app data folders and removed anything to do with ES2.  Reboot, reinstall, and voila, it works now!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 12:22:49 AM

I am having the same problem.  I keep thinking new updates will fix it.  I've tried all the suggested solutions to no avail. I know the initial release worked fine, and if I downgrade to Horatio I can at least get to the main menu (although the game crashes when I try to start a game).  Any help will be appreciated, and apologies if I've simply missed the solution somewhere in here.

output_log.txt

Edit to include diagnostic file: Diagnostics - 2017'05'24 @2018'22''.html

DxDiag.txt

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 5:30:01 PM
HadvarRastapop wrote:

I have tried deleting the freetype file in the game's folder and then reinstalling it, but this didn't solve the issue ; nothing changed at all.

I cannot reinstall the microsoft redistributable from the link you put here since I apparently have a more recent version.

Can you try running steam as an admin

Also you should be able to repair the vcredist. Then reboot your computer.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 11:27:46 AM

I have tried deleting the freetype file in the game's folder and then reinstalling it, but this didn't solve the issue ; nothing changed at all.

I cannot reinstall the microsoft redistributable from the link you put here since I apparently have a more recent version.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 6:14:08 PM
AmpliMath wrote:

Hi again,

We are not forgetting you. Noone is left behind :)

So the diagnostics file does not bring much more info. 

It still seems you are faileing to load the Freetype6.dll. You have a french Windows, but you do not use any special character in your steam installation it seems. Can you confirm your full Steam install path? Go to a Windows Explorer and copy the full path  to the location of Endless Space 2.

Meanwhile, one of our graphic engineers will look for other questions to ask.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Well thanks for the support ! :)

Here is the game's location on my computer : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2

I don't think there is any special characters in any of those folders, but I might have missed one.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 4:02:02 PM

Hi again,

We are not forgetting you. Noone is left behind :)

So the diagnostics file does not bring much more info. 

It still seems you are faileing to load the Freetype6.dll. You have a french Windows, but you do not use any special character in your steam installation it seems. Can you confirm your full Steam install path? Go to a Windows Explorer and copy the full path  to the location of Endless Space 2.

Meanwhile, one of our graphic engineers will look for other questions to ask.

Cheers,

Mathieu

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 25, 2017, 1:23:39 AM

The yellow ? marks arent actually that important as Dependency walker has some issues with those for "reasons" so don't worry about those.

The mian issue is the errors in things like NTDLL.DLL or MSVCR100.DLL

This is how your output should look if you're correctly running the 64-bit version of Dependency Walker. 

Note the Freetype6.dll/msvcr100.dll are x64 architecture which is correct. I'm interested in seeing what your output looks like using th 64-bit version of dependency walker

The 64-bit DW executable is here if you have issues finding it

http://www.dependencywalker.com/depends22_x64.zip

0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment