Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game gets stuck at loading screen, sound plays but it doesn't actually crash (FIXED)

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 9:25:24 PM

I edited the one in the Steam folder - there is no /Users folder in Documents/EndlessSpace2 and no registry.xml. There's only /Temporary Files which includes the Diagnostics and readme. There's nothing else.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 5:33:45 PM

I verified my game cache nothing found. It said all files validated. So i deleted the game and everthing else now re downloading. I will try to open again if it fails i will post files again maybe something changed

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 5:19:46 PM

Corrupted, that look bad thx for informing me. I didnt use any mods and not preffer to use mods. Will try to verify again if it isnt work i delete and redownload again

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 7:11:49 PM

Can you re-verify your game cache. The game is crashing on a tutorial load but the file looks wierd.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 6:42:24 PM
satoru wrote:
Exsadus wrote:

I cant reach Registry.xml fie you attached but tried editing registry file replacing Beatiful to Good. Also downloaded beta(fixamd) but it does not work. Lastly where i can find dxdiag and Diagnostic file?

The dxdiag you can run dxdiag from Start->Run and then click "Save All Information"

The Diagnostics.html file  will be in My Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files

Also include your output_log.txt file which is in \steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data

Devs i loaded the files need help pls

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 6:02:27 PM
Exsadus wrote:

I cant reach Registry.xml fie you attached but tried editing registry file replacing Beatiful to Good. Also downloaded beta(fixamd) but it does not work. Lastly where i can find dxdiag and Diagnostic file?

The dxdiag you can run dxdiag from Start->Run and then click "Save All Information"

The Diagnostics.html file  will be in My Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files

Also include your output_log.txt file which is in \steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 5:39:16 PM

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 9:57:42 AM

I tested this idea not worked on me. Tried to launch game 3 times but same thing happened.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 9:37:41 PM

After changing it to "Good" I crashed on my first startup but on my second attempt the game loaded, thank you for the help! If I have any more problems I will let you know.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 9:27:57 PM

Ok that figures : you do not have a Registry.xml file... because you never made it to the main menu. 

We are going to prepare a fresh one for you. Hold tight.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 10:49:36 PM

Hello, my game randomly stopped working. It was working fine before today's patch and now it won't get past the loading screen. I tried running in Compatibility for Windows 7, that didn't work, and I tried reinstalling both the game and the NET Framework, and it still didn't work. I would post my DXDiag, but can't find the post attachment button on this screen.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 9:20:15 PM
stormcloak wrote:

Just tried changing Beautiful to Good. No effect. :(

Just to be clear : did you edit the registry.xml file at the root of the install of the game, or in your user  "Documents/EndlessSpace2/Users/xxx" folder? Both files show the same  option, but the one that must be edited is in  Documents/EndlessSpace2/Users/xxx

Thanks

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 8:25:19 PM

Hi all,

We have reproduced an issue which seems similar, on an old AMD HD 5850.

This seems to be connected to the loading of the main menu scene, with the nice spaceships floating around. The loading crash seem to reduce in occurence by forcing the quality settings to "Good" instead of "Beautiful" or "Fantastic". The capital "G" is very important.

You can change this setting in the game options, but since you cannot load the game, you can edit it in My Documents\Endless Space 2\Users\<numbers>\registry.xml

Look for the <QualityLevel> line, and replace "Beautiful" with "Good". 

Let us know how this works out.

In parallel, we are hard at work trying to find a better fix.

Mathieu

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment