Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

"Lag Spike" every 10-15 seconds

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 16, 2017, 10:24:09 PM

Folks,

Can you look into this, and tel us if it helps?

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/26986-preview-version-1-0-16-test?page=1

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 12, 2017, 7:56:25 AM

Hi all,

First of all sorry for this inconvience. As explained in one of my last posts, we are working on the issue and wehave leads. 

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/blogs/535-next-patch-technical-update

I am puzzled by the fact that the stuttering is connected to graphic cards settings. What I have seen on my home PC with GTX 1080, is the stuttering in the interturn and at the beggining of the turn. 

Anyway, we will get back to you as soon as we have a preview patch ready for testing.

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 11, 2017, 12:42:35 PM

Just purchased Endless Space 2 and also having issues with stutter/lag spikes every 10 - 20 seconds. This is even happening at the start of a game. It happens when I'm not doing anything.

I've tried playing windowed, borderless, full screen. Also tried disabling my network card, updating audio and video drivers, turning graphics settings to minimum, running in Windows 7 compatabilty mode, turning off gsync. Issue still persists.

Windows 10. GTX 1080.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 6, 2017, 5:55:29 AM

Hey guys,

I have been playing around with settings and such with my video cards.  I have eliminated most studdering effects, by overriding most game settings with the video card custom setting.  I made a specific profile for the game.  There seems to be issues with the way the game is processing 3D.  I have not isolated it down to a specific yet, but it is something you might want to try.

Also, you might try windowed mode and see if that helps. 

Cheers

Here are my settings

ASF-4x

AS-Mode Overide app

Antialaising-4x

Antialaising-4x Supesample

Texture filtering-off ,clamp, Quality

Trilinear off

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 5, 2017, 2:59:56 PM

I was just about to post about having the same issues. This seems to predominantly occur in a large 7-player (6 AI) game I have going on where there is a large galaxy & large numebr of units moving at once. My game will generally chill around 60FPS (Vsync is On) and will drop, in some cases, to 3FPS for several seconds. This only seems to occur, however, when I'm ending a turn & the next turn is starting. UI Scaling is at the default, but I see the same behavior if I force it to 1080p UI.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700

12GB RAM

XFX Radeon RX480 8GB

PNY 480GB XLR8 SSD

If there's any specific diagnostic logs I should attach let me know & I will. Thanks all!

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 10:57:32 AM

Hi there!

First of all, I apologize for my terrible English (I´m from Spain). I have the same issue: Solid 60 fps ingame, but stutters exactly every 25-30 seconds to something near 45 fps. This stutters occurs on full screen or window mode, with vsync off or on. When the vsync is off, my frame-rate drops from 200 fps to 150fps. 

I found that de number of AI players affects the stuttering : for example, in a game with 8 AI players, the stutter occurs every 20-25 seconds, but if I start a game with only one AI player, the stutters happens every 90 seconds. 

My specs are:

OCed Intel I5 2500K

Nvidia GTX1060 ( 6GB VRAM)

8 GB RAM.

Diagnostics - 2017'05'23 @0047'46''.html

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:22:33 PM
AmpliMath wrote:

Guys, 

Thanks for your feedback. If you want to attach saved games where the problem occurs, as well as system specs / dxdiag, that would be great (Convector, I think I already have your save from the other post).

Cheers

What other information do you need and where can I find it?

Radeon Software Version - 17.5.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1303 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 11:05:32 AM

PC specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K
nVIDIA GTX 970

16 GB RAM
SSD (Crucial M4)

If it helps, i will post other stuff later.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 8:46:48 AM

Guys, 

Thanks for your feedback. If you want to attach saved games where the problem occurs, as well as system specs / dxdiag, that would be great (Convector, I think I already have your save from the other post).

Cheers

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 12:54:41 PM

Good morning all,

I purchased Endless Space 2 last night and have been enjoying it immensely. I haven't ran into any game-breaking issues or bugs but there is something that is bothering me. Every 10-15 seconds, my frames will drop from a solid 60 to somewhere in the low 30's and then return back to 60 immediately. This isn't a huge issue because it is a turn-based game and it is barely noticeable, but sometimes when I am panning the camera it hitches for a second. I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can start a thread in that forum if necessary. 

Please let me know if you need any more information / screenshots / video.

PC Specs:

Intel Core i7-3770K

nVIDIA GTX 1070

16GB of RAM

Game installed on a SSD (Samsung 840 I believe, a few years old now)

Thanks for any input.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 5:14:00 PM

Nice, it's definitely frustrating but not game-breaking. You may want to re-record all of that with the in-game music turned down; my ears exploded!

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 5:01:38 PM

I've tried in both Fullscreen and Borderless Windowed but have not tried just Windowed. I will give that a shot tonight or tomorrow.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 4:43:06 PM

What I find interesting is my cpu sits around 40% when the game is running late game so I am not at a place I have no idea what to do now. 

Also, I know it sucks but play the game in windowed mode. That stops all the stuttering issues.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 4:38:50 PM

I will keep an eye on that and report back if I make it that far. So far, I have only noticed the frames being dropped but the GPU usage remains pretty consistent. I'm talking the first ten turns though, so it may change over time.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 4:24:24 PM
Warmacblu wrote:

Hmm, interesting. I believe I have my UI scaling set to "Automatic". I won't be able to check until much later tonight though but I guess it could be related to the UI.

I would like to point out I am still having the problem when I get past turn 50 you really notice the lag spikes. I watched my GPU last night while playing watching it go from 100% to 10-30% every few seconds. When I run other games it doesn't fluctuate like it does with Endless Space 2 and Endless Legends.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 4:11:47 PM

Hmm, interesting. I believe I have my UI scaling set to "Automatic". I won't be able to check until much later tonight though but I guess it could be related to the UI.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment