Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Corrupted text for main menu and in game MAC

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 27, 2017, 8:33:46 AM

Many thanks for the update, however, the solution does not resolve the issue for me yet. :(

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 24, 2017, 11:03:39 AM

Just checking in, has anyone found a solution yet?

After digging around, it seems to be an issue for OS X users with a Intel HD 4000 graphics card...

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 8:19:42 AM

Attached my registry as well. So far as I can tell we are all using some kind of Intel HD graphics which isn't exactly made for gaming. I'd guess there is something with the way it renders the graphical menus which causes the issues. Anyone with an Nvidia or AMD GPU that can test for us?

Registry.xml

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 30, 2017, 10:56:30 PM

My game has been playable even without the text, the reason being that i can still click on things even tho they are not displayed on the screen or are illegible

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 30, 2017, 5:59:14 PM

I have the same issue.

with a very similar computer. Maybe its the graphics card? Below are my specs.

macOS Sierra

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 in, early 2013)

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Has anyone solved this problem? if not I'm going to get a refund from steam.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 30, 2017, 4:38:39 PM

Out of curiosity, has anyone found a way to make the game playable even with the text? Mine just becomes a mess of tesselating shapes and colors, that of course being only if I even manage to open a menu to start a game to begin with (which is a big if).

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 2:36:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback Frogsquadron and FrereThug. Sadly, still not working, but appreciated.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 10:21:44 AM

Try the following command line in the Steam Properties for the game: "dx10" or "compat", which might alleviate graphic needs and solve that issue.

Otherwise try switching graphics quality to "Good" if you are above.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 27, 2017, 8:49:58 AM

Also thankful for the update

But the trick does not seem to work for me either. There must be some underlying problem that is messing up the text

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 9:27:02 AM

hi there

I noticed that my game was having some issues with the display of some graphics and text as i got to the main menu, this issue continues after you create a game and go through the menus. though the issue was not present during the loading screen before reaching the main menu. 

The main features of the game seem to be working without problem, but the seemingly corrupted text makes it impossible to figure out what is what. The tech tree also shows in complete disarray.

I have tried to uninstall and install the game twice and also used the verify cache option on steam.

I am running the game on a Macbookpro with the following specs:

Here are screenshots of examples of the issue at hand.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 27, 2017, 6:29:17 AM

Hey guys, as you can see I solved my problem described in my own thread (the other one in MAC OS section), I posted a reply there to explain how I did. 

This issue being solved, I found myself with the same display problem than Quinell's remaining. But I was able to play the game. 

So, to solve Quinell's problem, try to switch from fullscreen to windowmode. It worked for me ! The I switch back to fullscreen mode and corrupted texts and images didn't come back !

By now I have to do this "trick" everytime I launch the game.

Good luck, tell me if it worked for you.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 9:53:13 PM

I've been in touch with someone in Sega Customer Support, who followed up asking about my graphics/display information (as follows for the record). Also in Sierra, though other people seem to be able to use that without problem. In any case, I'll update if I hear anything back.

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model:Intel HD Graphics 4000

Type:GPU

Bus:Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max):1536 MB

Vendor:Intel (0x8086)

Device ID:0x0166

Revision ID:0x0009

Metal:Supported

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type:LCD

Resolution:1366 x 768

Pixel Depth:32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:Yes

Mirror:Off

Online:Yes

Rotation:Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness:Yes

Connection Type:DisplayPort

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 12:09:40 PM

I was just reading my technical specifications, along with FrereThug's and Quinell's, it appears the only similarity in our technical specifications (correct me if im wrong) is the fact that we are all using OS X Sierra.

I think it seems likely the issue may lie with the OS X.

If possible, maybe one of us can try getting a different version of OS X and see how it runs.

For reference, here is my technical specifications:

OS X Sierra 10.12.5

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2012)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

For comparison, Quinell's technical specifications are on the top of this thread, and FrereThug's technical specifications are on the seperate thread that FrereThug started (The only other thread in the OS X sub fourm).

If you compare the three, the only common similarity is the Sierra OS X (specifically v10.12.5) in common.

Edit: My bad, I recently updated my OS X, it also does not work on my previous Sierra OS X v10.12.3, meaning this issue is most likely an issue with Sierra.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 1:59:07 AM

I'm not really sure how OSX works but I mean isn't all their OS update and stuff through the App store?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment