Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Startup crashes after downloading patch

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 8:51:02 PM
Symoris wrote:

Version 1.0.20 has solved the problem for me. 

Thanks!

For those who want to try it, it is a preview which can be selected in the Betas toggle.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 8:10:49 PM

I'm in-game with the 1.0.20 preview version now. So far everything seems to be working smoothly!

Granted nothing unexpected happens, well done on the fix! :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 6:36:00 PM

As an update. I tested running on version 1.0.19 and same issue exists.  I'm guessing whatever fix you have planned for this was just not included since there didn't seem to be a mention of it in the hotfix notes.  Have now redownloaded version 1.0.11 and the game is working as expected again.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 2:21:21 PM

Hi all,

We have located the shader code which could be causing the issue. We are working on a patch which will be available in a preview branch, hopefuly later today or early tomorrow.

Cheers,

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 1:02:41 PM

Hi all,

A quick update here:

• We have uploaded the previous version (1.011), so that it can be selected to allow you to play, while we fix the issue. Right click on ES2 in your Steam library, select Properties, click the Beta tab, and select "OldVersion" in the droplist. You may have to restart Steam.
  • The issue is likely due to our recent optimizations, to allow the game to run more smoothly on weaker/older graphic card. Apparently the AMD 6XXX generation of graphics cards is incompatible with one of the optimizations, while it was tested and worked on older/weaker cards.
  • After several tests and configuration changes, we have managed to reproduce it on an AMD 5850 graphic card that we have at the office. We are investigating to see which part is causing the issue.

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

Lol ok so there is no solutian? can we not return to the old patch? i see its not listed under beta..?

ive already posted my diag etc here:

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/24488-game-forever-loading-on-startup?page=3#post-242669

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 10:24:30 AM

Hi all,

First of all sorry about this. We are looking for the cause of this issue, on a similar graphic card.

We will update you.

Thanks for your patience

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 5:22:04 PM

So I was playing, like, half an hour before the new 1.0.18 update downloaded over Steam. Everything fine.

Since then, however, the game crashes either at the loading screen after the initial cinematics or during the process of starting a new game session. About 50/50 over several attempts (after updating drivers and restarting system).

The error.txt files seem to indicate an "access violation" by "atidxx64.dll".

Quick specs:

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40GHz (x8)

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6950 (1GB)

I read in the "tech support guide" that you would like me to attach several text documents and files. I have these documents. It is however not very obvious how I would go about actually attaching them to this thread/request.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 11:57:36 PM
NuLLx wrote:

Same issue, same AMD card and driver

The dx10 switch allows me to play a little but using some of the menu selections still locks the game up till force end task.

Please provide

1) dxdiag

2) output_log.txt

3) diagnostics<date>.html

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 11:57:29 PM
wittehaai wrote:

I have same issue post update. Please post fix asap here. You broke my game.

Please provide

1) dxdiag

2) output_log.txt

3) diagnostics<date>.html

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 21, 2017, 11:06:30 PM

Same issue, same AMD card and driver

The dx10 switch allows me to play a little but using some of the menu selections still locks the game up till force end task.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment