Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless loading.... stuck on the load screen in startup plz help?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 9:28:07 PM
harrisoncapps wrote:

yeah, this is the latest one I have

Diagnostics - 2017'06'27 @1609'28''.html

Your Diagnostics look normal till 

Loading plugin files for database of type 'QuestDefinition'...

At Which point it has the error

The database of type 'QuestDefinition' failed to load the file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Tutorials\TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml'. The following exception was raised: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at QuestDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at TutorialDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[QuestDefinition].LoadFromFile (System.String path, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeOverride[] overrides, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlExtraType[] extraTypes) [0x00000] in :0 at QuestDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at TutorialDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[QuestDefinition].LoadFromFile (System.String path, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeOverride[] overrides, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlExtraType[] extraTypes) [0x00000] in :0

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[QuestDefinition]:LoadFromFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Database`1[QuestDefinition]:LoadFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Database`1[QuestDefinition]:Amplitude.Unity.Framework.IDatabaseControl.LoadFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Databases:LoadDatabase(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Plugins.DatabasePlugin:LoadPlugin(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Runtime+c__Iterator5:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

The database of type 'QuestDefinition' has failed to load the file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Tutorials\TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml'.

Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Plugins.DatabasePlugin:LoadPlugin(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Runtime+c__Iterator5:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext()

Now This is quite odd, The error is that it can't find a file which is understandable. But this file no longer exsists, It should not be looking for it in the first place.

Have you have the game installed since Early Access ? (maybe something not in the install folder was not updated?)

Now what I suggest is try copying a file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Tutorials\ and renaming it to TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml'

I have no Idea if this will work but try it anyway, If it doesn't upload the new Diagnostics it case it sheads any more light on the error

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 8:16:07 PM

Serbo, In your output file I found

FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "steam_api64.dll".

From what I have with experienced other games this is caused by either an anti-virus blocking access to the file or a bad install, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and launch it or try validating your files though steam. if both don't work do a clean reinstall, by that I mean uninstall the game, check the games install, config and user folders and make sure they are empty (keep save games if you want) then install it again.

Harrisoncapps, In your output file I found 

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Mono/libc 
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Mono/.\libc 
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Mono/libc 
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

I would suggest going to the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/"  Folder and deleting the mono folder then verify the games files with steam. It should hopefully redownload the folder correctly.

Do you happen to be on a mac by any chance? as if this does not work you will probability need to do a Mono Framework installation.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 8:28:26 PM

Hey Painter448, thanks for responding so quickly!

I am not on a mac, im running windows. 

redownloading the mono folder did not work, the "libc" folder is still not there, got any other ideas?

output_log.txt 

EDIT: the output is different now, but im not entirely sure where the problem is occuring now because it isnt saying anything about the mono folder

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 8:50:20 PM

I've been Looking into the bug a bit more, It appears to be related to the Unity engine and particular 64 bit architectures 

One thing would be to try reinstall .Net Framework Download Link Here There is an installer in the _CommonRedist folder

It's not likely to work but will do no harm.

Another thing to try would be running the program in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 by going to the the .exe file and changing its properties, if that does not work undo it as it may cause more problems.

Edit: Ignore all this I just checked my own log an I am getting this error but I'm able to run my game file so it probably is not the issue.

Could you upload the diagnostics file? I do not know if there will be one but if there is you will find it in %My Documents%/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files/ Its a html file, with the time and date in its name of when the game launched

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 9:02:19 PM
Sebro wrote:

thanks for the help but nothing worked  :(

Could you upload your diagnostics file? 

I do not know if there will be one, but if there is you will find it in %My Documents%/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files/ 

It is a html file, with the time and date in its name of when the game launched.

It gives me more infomation that the output log does.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 9:26:50 PM
Sebro wrote:

endless loading :( 

output_log.txt

plz help

It doesn't look like you have the steam_api.dll installed properly. Do a re-verify of the game data and run steam as an admin

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 28, 2017, 1:22:35 AM
satoru wrote:
harrisoncapps wrote:

Same issue here

output_log.txt

Ensure you're forcing the Nvdia card via the Nvidia Control Panel

I did take a look at the nvidia control panel and i am all good there, but thank you for trying to help

Painter448 wrote:
harrisoncapps wrote:

yeah, this is the latest one I have

Diagnostics - 2017'06'27 @1609'28''.html

Your Diagnostics look normal till 

Loading plugin files for database of type 'QuestDefinition'...

At Which point it has the error

The database of type 'QuestDefinition' failed to load the file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Tutorials\TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml'. The following exception was raised: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at QuestDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at TutorialDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[QuestDefinition].LoadFromFile (System.String path, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeOverride[] overrides, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlExtraType[] extraTypes) [0x00000] in :0 at QuestDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at TutorialDefinition.PostDeserialization () [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[QuestDefinition].LoadFromFile (System.String path, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeOverride[] overrides, Amplitude.Xml.Serialization.XmlExtraType[] extraTypes) [0x00000] in :0

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Datatable`1[QuestDefinition]:LoadFromFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Database`1[QuestDefinition]:LoadFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Database`1[QuestDefinition]:Amplitude.Unity.Framework.IDatabaseControl.LoadFile(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Databases:LoadDatabase(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Plugins.DatabasePlugin:LoadPlugin(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Runtime+c__Iterator5:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

The database of type 'QuestDefinition' has failed to load the file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Tutorials\TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml'.

Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Plugins.DatabasePlugin:LoadPlugin(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Runtime.Runtime+c__Iterator5:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext()

Now This is quite odd, The error is that it can't find a file which is understandable. But this file no longer exsists, It should not be looking for it in the first place.

Have you have the game installed since Early Access ? (maybe something not in the install folder was not updated?)

Now what I suggest is try copying a file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Tutorials\ and renaming it to TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml'

I have no Idea if this will work but try it anyway, If it doesn't upload the new Diagnostics it case it sheads any more light on the error

Yeah i have had it installed since Early Access

Fun fact though, that file does exist, and it is still right where it says it supposed to be

And when i move the file out of the folder and start up the game, the loading bar reaches the end and the menu music begins to play but i get no main menu, only the still with the 

loading bar

Also here is the new diagnostic file when the "TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml" is removed

Diagnostics - 2017'06'27 @2037'26''.html

It seems to be saying I am missing a bunch of GUI elements, which I am almost positive I am not.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 28, 2017, 3:04:29 AM

Given the various xml file errors

1) do a full re-verify of your game cache

2) delete the my documents\endless space 2\users\<numbers>\registry.xml

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 28, 2017, 8:51:32 AM
harrisoncapps wrote:

Fun fact though, that file does exist, and it is still right where it says it supposed to be

And when i move the file out of the folder and start up the game, the loading bar reaches the end and the menu music begins to play but i get no main menu, only the still with the 

loading bar

Also here is the new diagnostic file when the "TutorialDefinitions[EarlyAccess].xml" is removed

Diagnostics - 2017'06'27 @2037'26''.html

It seems to be saying I am missing a bunch of GUI elements, which I am almost positive I am not.

Yeah i have had it installed since Early Access

It appears that since early access one of the updates (if not more) has not deployed incorrectly on your install, files that should have been deleted have not.

So they best way to solve this would be to do a clean install (as this is out of the verify game cache's depth) 

To Do a clean install first open up the games install folder, then in steam uninstall the game, then go back to the folder and delete any remaining files.

Next go to the user directory (%My Documents%/Endless Space 2) and delete the "Users" folder. Then Reinstall the game from steam. This Should fix it.

Sebro wrote:

Diagnostics - 2017'06'27 @2121'55''.html

is steam_api64.dll suppost to be there? in that folder?

Yes that's the right place for it.

In your Diagnostics file There is a major error Where normaly you would get

AI assembly Amplitude.AI.Loader v1.0.3.0 loaded

AIManager+c__Iterator0:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

AI assembly Amplitude.AI.Common v1.0.0.0 loaded

AIManager+c__Iterator0:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

You have

[Error]Application is shutting down...

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Application+c__Iterator7:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.UnityCoroutine:StartCoroutine(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Application:Quit() Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Application:Manager_Ignite_CoroutineExceptionCallback(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

An exception has been raised while initializing the application managers.

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Application:Manager_Ignite_CoroutineExceptionCallback(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

E:\Andra disk steam \steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\Managed\Amplitude.AI.Loader.dll

System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo:GetVersionInfo(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) AIManager+c__Iterator0:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext()

And Later on have

Application shudown complete.

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.Application+c__Iterator7:MoveNext() Amplitude.Coroutine:Run() Amplitude.Coroutine+c__Iterator2:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo)

[Warning]Event Application End not found!

Amplitude.Unity.Prism.PrismManager+c__Iterator1:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Prism.PrismManager:SendEvent(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) PrismGameManager:OnApplicationQuit()

[Warning]Event Game Session-Close not found!

Amplitude.Unity.Prism.PrismManager+c__Iterator1:MoveNext() UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Prism.PrismManager:SendEvent(System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo) Amplitude.Unity.Prism.PrismManager:OnApplicationQuit() PrismGameManager:OnApplicationQuit()

It appears that it trys to close it self but the nature of the error means that its unable to, because it has not loaded one of the .Net assemblies correctly I would assume.

Could you go to "%Install Folder%\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data" and Delete the "Managed" Folder (It contains the .Net assemblies)

And then with steam verify the game cache (so that it redownloads the files)

Does the game now work ? If Not upload the new diagnostics and a screen shot of the contents of the managed folder and I will take a look.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 28, 2017, 10:13:29 AM
Sebro wrote:

Diagnostics - 2017'06'28 @1121'47''.html

:(

Ok, Your Folder looks good. it all seems right.

This error is getting rather persistant, So Lets try a few diffrent things firstly:

In "E:/Andra disk steam /steamapps/common/Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010" Run DXSETUP.exe

In "E:/Andra disk steam /steamapps/common/Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1" Run NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

In "E:/Andra disk steam /steamapps/common/Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010" Run Both vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x64.exe (If it says its installed use the repair Function)

Then Delete the Registry.xml files found in 

"C:\Users\Sebastian\Documents\Endless Space 2\" (if there is one here)

"E:/Andra disk steam /steamapps/common/Endless Space 2\"

"C:\Users\Sebastian\Documents\Endless Space 2\Users\169358978\"(Delete any files in this folder)

Then go to "E:/Andra disk steam /steamapps/common/Endless Space 2\" and Run EndlessSpace2.exe as Administrator

I'm Still trying to figure out the cause of [Error]Application is shutting down... & An exception has been raised while initializing the application managers.

It might be a dev only has the anwser to that though. (My Current thought is that this could be caused by a broken VCredist)

If this does not work could you upload both the new diagnostics and outputlog

Edit: If this does not work try renaming the "Endless space 2" Folder in "C:\Users\Sebastian\Documents\" to "Endless space 2-Old" (There is an small chance it might be caused by something in the folder)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 28, 2017, 11:15:44 AM

NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe is blocked because of windows 10 alredy have pre installed and uppdated

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment