Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Stuck on turn 60 it doesn't end

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jun 4, 2019, 6:56:12 AM

Hi, I cannot enter the next turn after ending turn 60. Tried to load previous turns like turn 59 or 58 but the problem still occurs on turn 60!

Playing Umbral Choir on PC. Do I need to upload a savegame file? If so, tell me the location of the file cause I don't know!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 4, 2019, 7:49:09 AM

Since there are many possible causes of this, we will indeed need a save game. You can find it in "Documents/Endless Space 2/save files."

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 4, 2019, 1:00:15 PM

Sophon3.sav tutorial2.sav  I have the exact save problem but at a much later turn, close to the end of the game. From looking at the forums, it seems that it's mostly the Vodyani that are at fault most of the time. I uploaded two files with saves from a Sophon and a United Empire playthrough. I also have all the expansions (except the digital deluxe upgrade)

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 5, 2019, 10:12:45 AM

Hey Kia, I tried to examine the issue, but the turn processed just fine on my end. Could you share the diagnostics file found in "Documents/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files" after attempting to end the turn?

Blatnoi, in the Sophon save the turn was unfortunately stuck due to an AI not making a decision on the fate of a system they invaded that turn. The tutorial save, though, processed the turn just fine, so I need to ask you for the diagnostics of that save as well.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 5, 2019, 2:06:15 PM

Strangely enough, I can't see any error or exception in your log, only warnings. Several of them are related to hacking, several are related to Steam Achievements, but I don't know what is causing this.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 5, 2019, 2:12:13 PM

Hi Cat,

I've tried the tutorial again and it's working, which is very strange since I gave up that game in March due to the bug. Maybe it was later on and happened on an autosave, but I've already played past what I can remember. I'll try to finish that game when I have some more time. For the Sophon file, do you think there will be a solution for that sometime in the future?

Thanks.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 5, 2019, 2:17:39 PM

It may be possible to fix the Sophon file by using the debug tools to make the decision for the AI. That would of course make the came ineligible for achievements, if you are after those, unless you utilized save game editing afterwards.

EDIT: Fixed a mistaken reference to a different bug I looked at the same day.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 6, 2019, 6:39:25 AM

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Strangely enough, I can't see any error or exception in your log, only warnings. Sveral of them are related to hackin, several are related to Steam Achievements, but I don't know what is causing this.

So, any suggestions about how to fix this? Should I stop my hacks or something?

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 6, 2019, 1:47:09 PM

Ah, I figured out what was wrong with the United Empire save file. After five turns during autosave it got stuck on saving... and that's it. I couldn't do anything so had to terminate the game via Task Manager as it wouldn't even let me exit. That is a different bug and probably can be fixed by disabling autosave, which I can't really do in the options. The forums say that it could be antivirus software interfering with the autosave folder. I'll play around with it a bit, but probably if there is an option to disable autosaves in the next patch, that would fix it for a lot of people. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 6, 2019, 2:38:10 PM

If you go to "Documents/Endless Space 2/Users/[integer]" you should find a file called registry.xml. In this file you can fine an entry called "autosavesMax" which should allow you to bypass the autosave if you set it to 0.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jun 8, 2019, 2:22:48 PM

Okay, I changed the registry file and set the autosaves to 0. The game gets a lot faster without autosaves actually. Then I started the United Empire game from the turn right before it failed, and now when I manually try to save it, it gets stuck in a forever loop again. I did finish the game pretty fast after without saving, but it seems like some sort of bug. And actually after my last turn I was able to save normally again. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 1, 2019, 9:01:47 AM

Any extra or new information on this?  Does it even make a difference what I chose for galaxy setup?  Like if I max everything does it make the bug more likely?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 1, 2019, 10:06:34 AM

Stop necroing everything and then not even reading replies.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 2, 2019, 7:25:59 AM
Sublustris wrote:

Stop necroing everything and then not even reading replies.

Exactly.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 2, 2019, 2:54:00 PM

Hi, I'm getting the following pending turn-end hang on ES2. I've tried several times to reload the game from a few turns earlier and altering my gameplay but it always hangs at the same place.

07:51:24:246DefaultSTACKArray index is out of range.

07:51:24:249DefaultSTACKThe order processing has raised an exception. Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at QuestInstruction_UpdateChoice.Execute (.Quest quest) [0x00000] in :0 at GameClient+c__Iterator10.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00000] in :0 .

Save Game attached

Game 1-1.sav

Many Thanks

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 2, 2019, 5:46:05 PM
BBCmicro wrote:

Hi, I'm getting the following pending turn-end hang on ES2. I've tried several times to reload the game from a few turns earlier and altering my gameplay but it always hangs at the same place.

07:51:24:246DefaultSTACKArray index is out of range.

07:51:24:249DefaultSTACKThe order processing has raised an exception. Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at QuestInstruction_UpdateChoice.Execute (.Quest quest) [0x00000] in :0 at GameClient+c__Iterator10.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00000] in :0 .

Save Game attached

Game 1-1.sav

Many Thanks

I've tried your save and the turns just work. On which turn should it hang? I am now in turn 180

You do play with the patchpreview via Steam i hope?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 3, 2019, 9:09:52 AM

Hi Keimpe

Appreciate you taking the time to test this. I'm new to the game and hadn't turned on patchpreview under BETAS in Steam. I've now done that and managed to progress past the error point - hurray!

Thanks again for your help

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment