Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sophons Protector Ship 5 modules bug

protectorSophonsBugshipmodules

5 years ago Apr 2, 2019, 2:49:05 PM

Hi there,

I am noticing that the Sophons currently have only 5 slots for their unupgraded protector ship. However, once upgraded, 3 Hyperium modules are added along with 1 non-Hyperium module. 

Is this intentional? Since most other factions' protector ships have 6 modules (apart from Horatio), I feel that this may be a bug and it should be 6 modules unupgraded, adding 3 Hyperium module after upgrade (as the technology says add additional Hyperium modules, not non-Hyperium modules)

Thank you in advance devs!

Selected answer
5 years ago
Apr 9, 2019, 10:03:24 PM

Hello, sorry i didn't completely understand your question. 

I went and played each of 3 races (hissho, Sophons, Lumeris) to see what each of their ships had for slot additions for when the went to the upgraded form.. took a bit of time but thats ok. So of all the ships only the protector class of the sophons has the additional slot added along with the Hyperium slots as you noted. As for the reason to this I'm not sure. Each protector ship got 3 Hyperium slots added just as you also demonstrated with your 3 images. I could take the time and play through the other races and see what their ships have for upgraded slots. It will take me a little longer so i will get back to you when i can.

That additional slot is a mystery to me. Odd that every race gets 3 slots and the sophons get 4. It would make more sense to bump that one normal slot to tech 1. Why they have it there only the developers know for sure. I kind of think its not a mistake though. Like maybe they found that the ship wasnt as strong as they wanted in its final upgraded form and they added that slot to give it a little boost and the reason they didnt want it in Tech 1 was to not make it too strong? Again only they truly know. 

Sorry i couldnt give more insight.

I will continue my research for you.

-Tyco

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
Top answers
Oldest answers
Recent answers
Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Apr 7, 2019, 7:13:43 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of response from the community. I hope that I can answer your question effectively. 

This is not a bug. I believe that this is more so a ship design thing. Some races get more slots on their ships then others. The Horatio get fewer models on their ships then the Sophons. The horatio ships are designed to be a more multipurpose vessels. They have more slots that can be multi purpose slots on their ships so they can fill different roles in the fleet.

The Sophons ships carry more more support module slots. This means that you can load up your ships with 6 engine slots instead of less with other races. The sophons as a race are more specialized towards exploration and rapid movement i find. 

Just a few screen shots of some of the other races I grabbed for you for comparison.

I hope I have given you enough information to answer your quesiton. If you have any further need of help I will try my best to answer any further questions.

- Tyco

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 9, 2019, 10:03:24 PM

Hello, sorry i didn't completely understand your question. 

I went and played each of 3 races (hissho, Sophons, Lumeris) to see what each of their ships had for slot additions for when the went to the upgraded form.. took a bit of time but thats ok. So of all the ships only the protector class of the sophons has the additional slot added along with the Hyperium slots as you noted. As for the reason to this I'm not sure. Each protector ship got 3 Hyperium slots added just as you also demonstrated with your 3 images. I could take the time and play through the other races and see what their ships have for upgraded slots. It will take me a little longer so i will get back to you when i can.

That additional slot is a mystery to me. Odd that every race gets 3 slots and the sophons get 4. It would make more sense to bump that one normal slot to tech 1. Why they have it there only the developers know for sure. I kind of think its not a mistake though. Like maybe they found that the ship wasnt as strong as they wanted in its final upgraded form and they added that slot to give it a little boost and the reason they didnt want it in Tech 1 was to not make it too strong? Again only they truly know. 

Sorry i couldnt give more insight.

I will continue my research for you.

-Tyco

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 8, 2019, 4:16:19 PM

Hello Tyco,

First of all, thank you so much for your reply and explanation! However, I do not think you completely understand my question. I understand that some races get more slots on their ships than others. To explain my question have attached the picture of the unupgraded and the upgraded protector ship side-by-side. The upgrading technology for additional module slots clear states "Unlocks additional Hyperium module slots" and so from my understanding it should only add the three extra slots that requires hyperium, but NOT the defense module located at the highest part of the ship. Therefore I believe that either 

i) the lack of this defense module in the unupgraded version is a bug , OR

ii) the presence of this defense module in the upgraded version is a bug OR

iii) the defense module in the upgraded version should require Hyperium

As a comparison, please check below on the Horatio and Lumeris protector ship, which only adds Hyperium module slots (3) in the upgraded version.

So far all factions that I have played, their ships add ONLY Hyperium module slots in the upgraded version of the protector ship except the Sophons above.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment