Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Alliance declare war voting system

Diplomacy

7 years ago
Jan 11, 2018, 12:35:09 AM

current alliance diplomacy system is something wrong. its so easy to interrupt to/by alliance. someday i just take control 1 system and during planetary assult on several systems, my enemy contact to one of my alliance and take truce so easliy. alliance war/truce system need to change. additionaly, this is very hard to searching who the hell are declare/accept war/truce when you have many friends.

so i think alliance declare war or take truce, needed whole alliance's vote or/and influence competition. like academy quest, take the side(accept or decline), spent influence and bigger side win and follow winner's decision. or just more voted side is winning and added bribe system on diplomacy option.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Unfortunately, we have to admit that this will most likely not make it into ES2. While we still like the idea, the additional changes it would require to accomodate it make implementing it in ES2 unfeasible. The Veto system we tried at one point did not turn out as desired, and a more complex system caused other problems.

We are keeping this idea wishlisted for future reference, though.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Aug 18, 2018, 8:02:15 PM

+1

Declaring war and acepting/offering peace should be done by a vote.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 3, 2018, 8:03:05 PM

It seems this was previously implemented with the "Veto" system, but I found this was removed around update 1.1 with introduction of "I did not agree to this" alliance denouncement option. I was able to find also there were reports of issues with "Veto" and AI not following on it.

@ Devs - more info on this if possible

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 11:21:44 PM
Donern wrote:

Yes, something like that has also happened to me. I was in an alliance with one other empire and we were winning easily, but this other AI just accepted all the truce-offers for very little dust. I was besieging some of their starsystems and suddenly we were at truce...

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 7, 2018, 9:10:54 AM

Would be a good change, currently it's a really big deal to maintain a coherent diplomacy when you are in a stupid alliance. The worst is when players use that as an exploit.

However, I kinda like the fact that the IA do care about this aspect of the game. Hope the dev can deal with both at the time.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 17, 2018, 2:29:38 AM

We just need to make the Alliance Voting system similar to the G2G point-based voting system.

• 1 Influence Generation per turn = 1 Vote
  • Tally up all votes, yay or nay
  • Highest value wins.

It would be thematically fun too.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 17, 2018, 3:46:31 PM

This needs to get in the game fast.The SP is basically a constant wargame from the mid point which in my view is not reallly what the game should be.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 15, 2018, 9:59:49 AM

Honestly, I feel like this does not take the concept far enough. Perhaps what I am about to say needs it's own "Idea" post idk, or maybe it's already been said elsewhere. 

Alliances should operate like a functional UN, And should vote on more than just "War" or "Truce". For example, The Sophons want to introduce a motion that affects the entire Alliance, Like a Bill that has the other members donate a portion of their Research production to them for X amount of turns, as a humanitartian measure. This is voted on by the other members. Another example, regarding Wars and Truces. Instead of just getting kicked out of an Alliance for not being willing to conform to the Councils decision, have the Council levy heavy Sanctions upon the troublemaker in question, to punish them for defying the Councils wishes. You can then choose to leave the Council, and thus the Alliance by choice, try to do your thing despite the sactions or swallow your pride and accept it, not being able or willing to burden said sanctions. 

These votes, Bills and regulations would naturally lead to popularity and approval flucuations among your own people, depending on the public sentiment, or can even lead to internal struggle with your other political parties within your faction, which can lead to rebellions or riots, or even force you to leave a beneficial alliance in order to satisfy domestic public demand. This might be too much to ask for, but I feel like it's possible. 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Unfortunately, we have to admit that this will most likely not make it into ES2. While we still like the idea, the additional changes it would require to accomodate it make implementing it in ES2 unfeasible. The Veto system we tried at one point did not turn out as desired, and a more complex system caused other problems.

We are keeping this idea wishlisted for future reference, though.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 12, 2019, 7:38:54 AM

I was around back when there was a veto system, and that wasn't fun either. We know a lot of player are frustrated with thei AI allies messing with their plans for war or peace, but there's no solution to that we can feasibly implement in ES2.

Personally I have never experienced the rapid change back and forth between war and peace you imply in your post, though.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 13, 2019, 2:36:53 PM

Them maybe play with 12 players.The game juset becomes alliance bloc war after another to the end.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 15, 2019, 11:27:35 AM

It *seems* pretty easy. At a minimum, just give the player a veto on any war or peace declaration. Or declare the most powerful civ the leader that makes the decisions.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 8, 2019, 12:28:26 AM

to allow my weak AI allies to put me at war with anyone without even asking me or at least give me the option to disband the alliance is so odd...

why even make AI ally anymore really ?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 8, 2018, 5:54:59 PM
ChocKake wrote:

I do not understand; do you want for an alliance to be able to be more connected? would someone explain this?

Currently, any member of an alliance can act for all members. In order to start or end a war, it only takes one member of the alliance to want to start or end that war, and other members have no say. I think lototo is suggesting that this is changed so all members of an alliance have a say in whether a decleration of war or truce is made.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 14, 2018, 12:58:00 AM

I do think that example you used would be nice since it doesnt feel very "alliance-like" when you are forced to accept things like peace or war on the spot. Ive been thinking about this for a while now since I have a constant problem with trying to move my ships into position, waste time taking planets, try to take the one with the influence range over it, have a truce forced by alliance before i can do that and have the planets I took bought back with influence immediately. The example you used with the voting seems like the most equal and fair one that i have seen/thought of and i hope it is impleted someday.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 16, 2018, 12:13:10 AM

It's a difficult balance to achieve, isn't it- on the one hand, we want to reduce the frustration of having your plans utterly derailed by the actions of our allies; on the other hand, allies are empires in their own right and must be more than just a source of free fleets to throw at factions we don't like. I think that a Vote system would be the best method for alliance war dec/truces- and, in the inevitable event of a tied vote, the vote should go to the side with the larger Influence output.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment