Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Give back to unique planets their glory past !

Narrative

6 years ago
Mar 28, 2018, 12:55:24 PM

Just thought that dedicated videos when you colonize a unique planet would add more immersion to the game. each details counts !

Edit : After a few comments on this idea,  I think unique planets need indeed to take back the role they had in the first game. Restore ancients Endless wonders to exploit the full potentiel of each planet could be great ! It could be through quests ?

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We've added multiple events for Auriga and Sykagoja for the factions connected to them, as well as the Celestial Worlds questline focused on unique planets.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jan 25, 2019, 10:07:19 PM

+5

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 2, 2018, 9:13:36 PM

One of the biggest sellers imho is the art of the Endless series! Besides a few decisions design-wise (new Ark, Behemots all look the same; they should all be unique somehow for each faction. They all have different kinds of tech to get their stuff to space and it should be the same with the behemoths imo. Like Cravers have those tubes and stuff going through it all, Unfallen vines, etc, etc.) I love all of it and having those amazing planets and designs is something that could seriously be explored :-)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 7, 2018, 9:12:25 AM

There could also be an unique Anomaly/Quest researchable for each Major Faction for their Homeplanet Unique Planet (possibly barring fleet-based Vaulters//maybe they should research a new anomaly on Auriga? or this "barren" Mezan) that is also expanding/lore-friendly. Examples:

Sophons (Hekim) - they exploded their homeworld's moon so "Restore Moon" (or moons, i don't remember) that'd give Hekim +1pop -> that would also be explorable (and thus could give additional standard bonuses when tech would be researched).

I don't have much other lore-friendly ideas, and this idea may be thus stillborn, as it has pretty much only 1 solid lore-point (Sophons Moon Destruction backstory) which was my starting point. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 6, 2018, 12:28:42 PM

Is Frogsquadron following this? I'm sure you guys have a lot on your plate right, but this would add a lot of flavour to the exploration and I personaaly would be perfectly happy to pay for it as a mini-DLC.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 15, 2018, 4:10:40 PM

To be honest, I agree with both ideas, since to me this whole "unique planets" thing seems pointless as it is now. What's the real advantage of having "unique"? Just because it has something visually different? Let's look into our own solar system for example: Saturn. Let's say it's a unique planet. Ok, but because of what? It's rings? Hmm... strip it from them and what you got? NOTHING. Just a big ball of... gas? Manking had not launched enough probes there because it, in fact, really matters not much more than Mars, Jupiter or Venus. BUT... what if people discovered there was a rare substance, specifically and uniquely on it, that could permanently cure cancer or serve as a never-seen source of energy, or could be an "anti-gravitational matter" or could even give humans super "mutation-like" powers, or, worse, could be smuggled as a psychoactive drug? Well, whatever the reason, offering a "real advantage" is what make a planet really unique ;)

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 31, 2018, 1:07:35 AM

I find this idea fascinating. It always seemed to me that the unique planets are half finished or simply under utilized. Several such as Veil hint at hidden secrets or uses but so far are not delivering such content individually. Whether it be quests, Terraforming unclocks, or somthing else I would like to see them used more.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 14, 2019, 4:18:27 PM

I'd love to be able to uncover what lies in the depths of Veil, or restablish a genetic augmentation plant of the Endless.   This is a neat idea!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 18, 2019, 10:06:11 PM

Ich hoffe das man die Einziegartigen Planeten auch wieder Terraformisieren kann. Es wär schön Auriga wieder zur Heimat der Vaulters zu machen und das Geheimnis der Hülle des Wissens zu lüften.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 20, 2019, 6:43:50 PM

Random quests are such a neat addition to the game that it baffles me unique planets don't have anything tied to them in that matter. Assign a hero to the system so they can explore the possibilities and then get choices/goals to achieve as their investigations go on, slowly reaching the full potential of the planet. Or unleashing ancient space horrors, you never know.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 30, 2018, 5:47:31 PM

Now thats a good one, I do miss the wonders of the first game. Would add more, much needed quests.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 10, 2019, 5:55:54 PM

Unique planets have incredible potential to expand lore. Special videos are great, but the lore texts should be really expanded. Some people mention special questss - this also could work really well. 

There could also be an option to start special planet-specific projects, that would greatly enchance planet's production, making unique planets more important from strategic point of view.

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 22, 2019, 4:51:36 AM

If there's one thing that I miss from what I saw on the first installment of Endless Space, it would the unique aesthetics that anomalies provide for the planets, it's still there...a bit, but not in such an extent compared to the first one.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment