Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Allow Special Nodes to be claimed by building Space Stations

EconomyExploration

7 years ago
Jan 23, 2018, 10:20:07 PM

Right now Special Nodes are only a factor in gameplay around mid-game (unless there is some lucky placment of systems from the Galaxy Generator) with the exception of the Unfallen, who can build vines to claim them. I purpose that other factions can do something similar, but at a much greater cost than their Unfallen counterparts.

This can be down by allowing other factions the ability to build space stations on special nodes in order to claim them. Make them have a significant upfront Dust cost, and than have the time it takes to be completely built work like a Riftborn outpost, having Industry shipped to it from another system.  Once it's built it will cost a certain amount of Influence per turn to maintain, and the player can select which system it's effects go toward, with the effect diminishing the futher away the system is from the special node.

The space station can be destroyed by other players, much like a pirate lair, which would force the owner to guard it with a fleet and maybe we can actually have battles that actually take Theater Effects into consideration. Right now, I almost never think about taking advantage of Theater Effects because the special nodes are typically not in a strategically important location. At least this might force them to become so.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Claiming special nodes like this conflicts with the design of Behemoths, so won't make it into ES2.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 5:12:42 PM

i also thought you could add different industry prices for different special nodes. What about?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 5:10:42 PM

Wait, would it be possible to redirect the hangar benefit from the new Vaulters expansion (the one that gives 20% extra repair rate to ships on hangars) to systems too? like, mining the ore from those special nodes and giving those special alloys to the selected systems?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 5:01:53 PM

The creation of one would act just like an outpost would. Once the station is created and the node claimed, the only action you can take after that is directing which system gets the node's benefits.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 5:00:31 PM

i thought the process was quite simple: you select a system, place a Shipyard on it, and collect the benifts.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 4:59:55 PM

let me see... these outposts would function like a colony then? i dint really understood it...

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 4:58:42 PM

I'd say keep it the same as the colonies (which I think is around 450?) There is no natural growth since there is no planet, so the player would have to rely entirely on the industry supplied by the selected colony, making it a bit more challenging than trying to start a normal colony.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 4:54:11 PM

Yea i agree... i just hope that the cost - efficiency of capturing those nodes feel rewarding! did you thought about the industry shipment cost price?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 2:35:49 PM

I'll have to look at it again once the expansion is live :P  Either way, claiming  it with a Space Station provides a benefit to your empire and may prove to be extremely helpful during a war.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2018, 12:30:19 AM

intersting... i just thought that the new node they released for Vaulters expansion provided no bonus for systems, so there was no reason to expand your system to it... well, just something i thought here. :)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2018, 1:09:24 AM

My inital thought would be to make it manpower, to keep it more in-line with how pirate lairs work so as not to confuse players.

As for effects being tweeked, I don't think that will be needed, as a lot of how that would be handled is already shown by The Unfallen

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2018, 12:09:07 AM

it seems very well thought from the beginning to the end... but i also have another question: there is a special node they just released, the one that grant extra rejuvenation speed for ships that goes there... Do you think that implying an alternative bonus for those Special nodes like, extra dust for those nodes too, could help to make those nodes a bit more usefull? 

Because, whit your idea, once we create a space station on it, it might grant extra generation speed for ships onto that system, but nearly to not benefit on your other systems. Maybe we needed to add an alternative bonus for that node, like... 10% ship buyout reduction? im still not sure about it. :)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment