Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Upcoming Endless Space update - Gathering of ideas

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 7:48:19 PM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
Maybe they could add some more heroes from EL now that they have created all of the races, and the Mezari.
I like them, I hope they get fleshed and made into their own off-shoot from the vaulters like all the humanoid ones were in ES.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 13, 2014, 4:52:20 PM
This is gonna sound very stupid but here we go, it's more like a modding idea more than something to be fixed/improved.

Dual or triple universe/space waiting for exploration, they all have connections to each other but it is very few(1 or 2 maybe) and we have to research something that is very far from the starting exploration tree and those connections can be very unstable(meaning that you can actually lose contact with your ship). Imagine that you conquered half of the space and when you think that the game is over, there is another giant waiting for you in the other universe.

I don't know what you guys think, I think even something remotely close to this might add much more hours to our gameplay time. Most games basically end around 150 turns for me but you have to play until around 250-300 to see actual ending, but with this turns might double which means more gameplay I think. I don't know... I think this goes well with the title aswell. Hence the "Endless" Space.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 13, 2014, 6:55:56 PM
A lot of these ideas are great, but they're too labor intensive for what the dev's have in mind (I think). Most would be good for ES2 though.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 13, 2014, 9:37:24 PM
Nasarog wrote:
A lot of these ideas are great, but they're too labor intensive for what the dev's have in mind (I think). Most would be good for ES2 though.

If one day there is a ES2 ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 15, 2014, 6:35:56 PM
Kingsguard wrote:
Never saw this in any 4X so far, it would be so cool smiley: smile
If I remember correctly Moo2 and SC3 had this as a possibility.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 15, 2014, 6:56:00 PM
I'd like to see even more faction-specific technologies and unique improvements. As well as more faction-specific unique empire bonuses.

I'd also like to see another pass at affinities and traits, as well as a tooltip cleaning pass to make them context-sensitive. But that's ease of readability.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 16, 2014, 12:19:59 AM
To be honest, I can get behind each and every one of these.... They are all good ideas that could add a lot. Invasion Artwork would really be nice, as well as a good pass on combat.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 16, 2014, 12:46:22 PM
I would also love to see more lore. Would be cool, if you can find short diaries of explorers, which unlock new Planets in the Galaxy you would never find.

And I would like to have an option to play a Galaxy containing only 8 Planets with ridiculously long distances.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 16, 2014, 2:07:21 PM
Kingsguard wrote:
Never saw this in any 4X so far, it would be so cool smiley: smile

I got the idea from a Civ4 mod.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 10:47:57 AM
Guys, with Endless Legend out, we will be able to spend some time as promised on ES again. We will mainly focus on AI, Bugs, and Gameplay balance, but we will probably not focus on new features. if you could focus on these 3 areas, to let us know your top whishes in these areas, that would be awesome.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 1:01:18 PM
I don't think there are any serious bugs and balance is never achieved so I hope for AI.

And Big UI option from EL.

And checkbox "do not repeat races if possible".
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 5:08:23 PM
ilitarist wrote:
I want big UI mode from Endless Legend.
Indeed.

Now imagine if they take our ideas and filter them through their own screening process, add the mechanical improvements from EL, and then continue the story with whatever content they are thinking of adding.. would you buy it?

I'd call that ES2!!! and I am sitting here holding my virtual wad of cash and wondering who to throw it at!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 7:09:14 PM
Maybe they could add some more heroes from EL now that they have created all of the races, and the Mezari.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 13, 2014, 4:22:35 PM
Most flaws of ES seem to be very known and even admitted by Amplitude. What I would love is a combat phase workaround to make Hot-Seat Multiplayer possible, I hope that feature both on ES and EL.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 1:04:40 AM
Make it prettier. EL makes ES look like JFK (the movie) compared to the Zapruder film (except for the manual battles. Those are awesome). It would be cool to zoom in on the solar systems and see the planets and other astronomical bodies without going into a whole other screen. Of course this is probably given but I thought I might bring it up.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 7:41:03 AM
Nasarog wrote:

Now imagine if they take our ideas and filter them through their own screening process, add the mechanical improvements from EL, and then continue the story with whatever content they are thinking of adding.. would you buy it?

I'm asking not for much. It seems they've figured how to make fonts bigger while they're working with EL, it built on the same technology so I can guess it's a minor feature. I'd be happy if the game supports HD screens but it probably won't so I just wait for AI fixes and hope they make another small step to let ES to be played in following years.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 29, 2014, 12:51:38 AM
Well If we're going simple then If you can make the game actually harder and more responsive without solely adding penalties to the players(and bonuses to AI), that would be great.
0Send private message
Comment