Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Default Targeting/Formation/Battle Card Set-Up Per Fleet

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Sep 13, 2013, 7:22:43 AM
Apologies if this has already been suggested. I searched through the lists of suggestions and proposals and couldn't find it, so here it is.

One of the biggest gripes I have with this fantastic game is the irritation of battles, particularly if you're defending against an AI player with eight or more fleets every turn. Every time an Auto battle occurs, one must select the Targeting option (Spread Fire, Guillotine or Nosebreaker), then the Formation (Weakest First, Most XP First etc.), then the Battle Cards you wish to play.

Every. Damn. Time.

Could we not have a default set-up, perhaps assigned on creation of a fleet, or on first battle, that the game remembers and applies from there-on in? Perhaps similar to the Player-Created Ships Mechanic, as in you being apply to save a Battle Template and apply it to fleets? Anything to alleviate the sheer slog that comes when playing against AI in any militaristic capacity.

For example, let me set my Missile Orientated fleets to default to playing cards like Sabotage (increased long-range accuracy), followed by increased defenses, while my Kinetics fleets turtle in the early phases, but go on the offensive in the third phase.

It's just frustrating having to go through the myriad of steps necessary when you play the same strategy with a fleet every battle, especially since the AI loves to throw numerous fleets at you.

I'm not proposing that this default choice is locked-in for a fleet, only that, in the same way the fleets currently begin with "Spread Fire, Default Formation" and three blank cards, they begin with their default set-up, and the player can alter them if required.

That aside, thanks for this amazing game, and I hope you guys continue to update and improve it. Definitely my favorite Space 4X!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 14, 2013, 4:45:12 PM
Agreed.

And that 5 sec timer between when you click the button to start the fight and when the fight actually starts. Annoys me every time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 15, 2013, 12:37:33 AM
I support this suggestionsmiley: approval

This would be a simple addition to the game that could greatly improve it. Especially in the late game, when the AI fleets seem endless.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 17, 2013, 8:00:06 AM
I was just about to post the exat same suggestion.

Once you have your fleet design established you will almost always start with the same card and targeting/formation set-up especially against the AI. Now taking a chicken AI (is there any other?) which does NOTHING ELSE then retreating every time I attack only to come right back and harass me (because this is nothing else then harassment). Those 11 clicks build up and eventually are the BIGGEST time-consumer in the game.

Dear god....I recently couldnt play more then 30 minutes without getting disgusted at the endless "reatreat" strategy of the AI....is there any other race besides Sheradyn one can play to enjoy this?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 17, 2013, 2:15:34 PM
Macro has already been suggested, but not for battle cards, so smiley: approval for this.

Macro ship ques. Macro Battle Orders.

If its Macro I want it for ES. I want it bad.

Although I have gotten it down to about 2 seconds a battle. Not bad, but add 5 seconds for the battle timer and we are talking about 10 seconds for an automated battle after glancing over the report. After 50 battles my fingers are tired of clicking
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 19, 2013, 2:47:22 PM
I think we already replied to this suggestion but I'm not sure where, so I'll just post again. smiley: smile The problem is that there are too many factors that wouldn't work with "pre-selected cards": basically, some of the battle actions are only available with a specific hero/fleet.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 5:03:17 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
I think we already replied to this suggestion but I'm not sure where, so I'll just post again. smiley: smile The problem is that there are too many factors that wouldn't work with "pre-selected cards": basically, some of the battle actions are only available with a specific hero/fleet.

Could you make it part of the pre-battle window? Have an option to save your current selection and have it apply only to that fleet until you change it or reassign the admiral.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment